Rock River or Stag

JeffsSig

I am a BIG Rock River fan in ARs.

But I also feel Stag is often overlooked.

To me they both stack up well and almost as good as anything out there. Mainly their uppers. As most any spec lower is as good as the next.

So between the 2 anyone like Rocks over Stag or Stag over Rock?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy has a Rock River, I have a Stag. Almost no differences between the 2. Both have great tight tolerances, good finishes, and both shoot equally well. If I had the choice I would get whichever I could get the best deal on.

• Admin Team

I'd hesitatingly choose Rock River just because of their willingness to innovate - even if they only do have one guy turning out that upper that Mike is checking his mailbox for everyday.

Really I feel like it's choosing between two ugly sisters. They'll both get the job done just fine, but you'll always kind of wish you held out for something better...

I've actually had my hands on an RRA rifle that they did get around to shipping. Good stuff. I'm just razzing them because they're slower than White Oak, and probably aren't near as good.

I'm actually not watching my mailbox every day. I know better. So, I boned up on reloading, bought all the gear, loaded 100 rounds (50 was a Tubb's kit), and have 200 rounds of brass prepped and primed for load development. Oh yeah, I built the lower, bought a scope and mount, and even lapped the rings. it will be a helluva rifle someday.

I kind of leaned towards Stag Arms because they tend to be a bit more competitively priced. I've started to get turned on to Spike's Tactical. I have read fantastic reviews of their products and the price is very competitive. Their lowers have some innovative touches as well that I like (themes, special markings, etc).

Uh, Rock River, why do you ask?

(Mike, I'll have the case gauge at the shop tomorrow, Tues, you can borrow it till you decide to get your own)

I'll give it a whirl. So far, the cases have gone into the sizing die with almost no effort. There's not enough force to move the shoulder. Those Hornady dies are great.

An yes, RRA is great, just slower than a frozen turtle.

Guest BCMFAN

Choosing just between those 2, I would go with Stag. Especially if you don't want to wait. If you go with Stag get the plus package it is well worth it if your going to run the gun hard.

How are you going to use the rifle? Also, which RRA/Stag models are you looking at?

Edited by BCMFAN