SA XD Compact 45 4"

Guest tcampbell

Guest tcampbell

I'm interested in getting an SA XD Compact 45 4". I have an SA XD Sub Compact 9mm which I like very much and I am keeping that one and I have never had any problems with it. Of course, I don't do any mods, I just leave'em the way they are. Just want some feedback on the XD 45.

thanks in advance....:D

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

I have fondled one in a tactical model. Don't care for the 5" barrel but the concept, IMO is great. The Handle is smaller and holds 10 instead of 13 with the larger magazine in. The difference is the sleeve that slides over the magazine and it makes it a regular size handle. Great size for shooting at the range, take out the standard size magazine when you are finished, put in the subcompact one, holster up and conceal. Like I said, never did shoot it, it was new. If they were out in 2006, and know what I know today, I would have bought that exact gun you are talking about. If finances were better, I would consider trading/selling my XD40 for one, and that is without shooting it. I like the concept that much. From everything I have seen they are reliable, like the rest of the XD's. Only problem I see is the expense of ammo, but that is not the guns fault.

Edited by db99wj
Corrected a mistake.
Guest pherman926

I have the XD .45 Compact and really like it. The grip ergonomics suit me and it points naturally as a consequence. Reliability is flawless(so far, about 600 rounds). No fte or ftf with WWB or my own handloads which use a 185gr jacketed hollowpoint. Accuracy is more than acceptable for a defensive firearm. The magazine options of 10 or 13 rounds aids in concealment as well.

The best thing you can do is try to find one that you can shoot and see if it works for you.