2011 NFL Season

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Victor9er
Yea I gave props to him for the quote. What can I say, he inspires the team to play better.

Do I think he is great NFL QB? Not really. Is he a good on the field General? Probably so. Does he make the team better? Yes. Do I think the NFL defenses will figure out how to stop him and it will all come crashing down? In time, I believe it will.

But for now, he has them on a winning streak and that's all that matters.

I have told people all along I'm not a Tebow hater. I just hate how the media gives him ALL the attention instead of the team.

That's exactly how I feel. I have no problem giving Tebow credit for what he is doing... running the ball well, being a leader and an inspiration to his team, not turning the ball over.... I just have a problem with people giving him all of the credit for things that he has nothing to do with.

And Yates looked really good, someone has been doing their homework! It was only the kid's 2nd start against what's been a good Cincy defense this year. And with their running game pretty much held in check they ask the kid to throw the ball 44 times! Then he leads an 80 yard drive and throws the winning TD pass with 2 seconds left on the clock. That was pretty impressive.

Meanwhile, Christian Ponder gets benched and Joe Webb brings the Vikings back from 31-14 to within a yard of winning the game on the last play. (with a huge facemask by the Lions that wasn't called) No one has mentioned anything but could there be a controversy brewing there?

Guest WyattEarp
Yea I gave props to him for the quote. What can I say, he inspires the team to play better.

Do I think he is great NFL QB? Not really. Is he a good on the field General? Probably so. Does he make the team better? Yes. Do I think the NFL defenses will figure out how to stop him and it will all come crashing down? In time, I believe it will.

But for now, he has them on a winning streak and that's all that matters.

I have told people all along I'm not a Tebow hater. I just hate how the media gives him ALL the attention instead of the team.

I agree, but im glad Tebow is saying and doing the right things. he's deflecting it away from himself and making it about the team and not himself.

interesting take on defenses figuring out how to stop him. that's the assumption that they will, but as this kid progresses and improves and his fundamentals improve, they will transition away from the primary use of the read-option, and back to the pro-style offense, but I'm sure they'll throw the read-option in every once in a while to mix it up and keep teams off balance.

Tebow and the Broncos, looking very riminiscent of the 05 Steelers right now. 2nd year QB, defense playing well, special teams getting it done, and the team is rallying around their QB. I just wonder how far this can go? What we're seeing is unprecedented, and incredible.

Guest Victor9er

Crazy day today in the NFL...

Old "noodle arm" Orton throws for 300 and hands the Packers their first loss of the season. The Colts finally decided to NOT be the worst team in NFL history, winning their first game the same day Green Bay looses their first. God apparently loves Brady more than he does Tebow. Megatron cannot be cover by anyone in a Raiders uniform. Philly and San Diego finally decided to play football. Eli out "Grossmaned" Grossman. Marino's record is going down. Reggie Bush finally learned how to run the ball. Da Bears are finally realizing what the phrase "don't know what you have till it's gone" means. Arizona's new QB is looking pretty good, too bad his name isn't Kolb.

What a day.

Guest WyattEarp

Crazy day for sure. Broncos and Tebow still gave a long ways to go. They got beat by a seasoned and experienced Super Bowl contender. still proud of the effort and they didnt give up. Should still make the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WyattEarp

well, Week 17 brings the finale and the drama. Denver has the division title, and a shot to host a wild card on the line. After last week's uninspiring performance, I hope they smack those damn Chiefs around for 60 minutes.

Denver clinches AFC West Division:

1) DEN win

2) DEN tie + OAK loss or tie

3) OAK loss

and will host a wild card.

Tennessee clinches a wild-card spot:

1) TEN win + CIN loss + NYJ win + OAK loss or tie

2) TEN win + CIN loss + NYJ win + DEN loss or tie

3) TEN win + CIN loss + NYJ loss or tie + OAK win + DEN win

so, I'll be rooting for Denver to win, the Titans to win, the Jets to lose, the Bengals to lose, and ugh...can't believe I have to say this...but the Raiders to win, so the Titans can come play the Broncos at Mile High and we can curb stomp 'em! :tough:

my Bungals have a chance still. Beat the Ravens and they are in. Well that will be tooo simple.

So they will get in the playoffs as the Jets will lose to Miami and either the Broncos or Raiders will lose. and voila the Bungals back into the playoffs.

Or not.

I am still in mourning over losing in the finals of fantasy football.

Guest WyattEarp

Well, titans arent getting any help from the raiders, and even if denver loses today, with oakland currently losing to the chargers that gives denver the division and titans are out.

Not been impressed with tebow today or the past few games. Very disappointing to say the least.

Guest WyattEarp

Broncos backed into the playoffs despite the loss, titans got.no help from denver or oakland or ny jets today and have been eliminated. Doesnt make much sense, but we were handed our division title, so thats an automatic playoff spot.

Weird day in the nfl. Strange season too.

weird in the NFL is normal.

TN did not deserve to be in. I never understood how head to head is not a higher rated tie breaker than conference record. So it makes sense for TN to bein before Cincy, same record and loss to Cincy. Whatever.

The Bungals got in as I figured. Through the back door. But in is in so Who Dey!

I think we got hosed by the officials today. I can accept penalties, but call them both ways. Green was undressed in the end zone at the end and no penalty. WTF?

I feel good about playing the Texans next week. Should have beat them in the regular season. Now they are down to another QB. Been forever since the Bengals won a playoff game. I am treating it like a Super Bowl. Gonna go old school for the game and wear my 70's Bruce Coslet road jersey, fill the Bengal helmet chip bowl, have some Skyline Chili for tailgating and put up orange and black tinsel in the basement.

It has been since about 1989 or 90 since there has been a playoff win. Might be wrong but feeling good about a W

Guest WyattEarp

I think cincy had better conference record, since they arent in same division, division record doesnt matter.

I was kinda hoping for tn to get in so we could get a rematch in denver, but.nit sure that wouod have happened even if they had gotten in.

Grats to the bengals, and I hope you do well!

After seeing all 11 of Tebiws games, and evaluating his entire body of work, he isnt ready to be a starter. It was fun to watch, and the 6 game winning streak was amazing, but he is way too inconsistent to be starting. Denver needs to go sign Matt Flynn who is an unrestricted free agent and keep grooming Tebow. Not off the Tebow bandwagon, he just has a ways to go before he is ready to command an nfl offense and be efficient and consistent. But i do love his intangibles, he just needs some refinement and more time to learn the offense and learn to be comfortable throwing from the pocket and making the throws he needs to make when it counts.

Guest sqlightning
I think cincy had better conference record, since they arent in same division, division record doesnt matter.

I was kinda hoping for tn to get in so we could get a rematch in denver, but.nit sure that wouod have happened even if they had gotten in.

Grats to the bengals, and I hope you do well!

After seeing all 11 of Tebiws games, and evaluating his entire body of work, he isnt ready to be a starter. It was fun to watch, and the 6 game winning streak was amazing, but he is way too inconsistent to be starting. Denver needs to go sign Matt Flynn who is an unrestricted free agent and keep grooming Tebow. Not off the Tebow bandwagon, he just has a ways to go before he is ready to command an nfl offense and be efficient and consistent. But i do love his intangibles, he just needs some refinement and more time to learn the offense and learn to be comfortable throwing from the pocket and making the throws he needs to make when it counts.

it's like I told you earlier, it is a requirement for all Bronco's quarterbacks to choke and throw a pick in the 4th quarter under pressure :)

Guest WyattEarp
it's like I told you earlier, it is a requirement for all Bronco's quarterbacks to choke and throw a pick in the 4th quarter under pressure B)

Haha, hey we got our revenge by knocking the titans out of the playoffs. We knew jokeland would choke too, so enjoy watching us in the post season, while ya'll sits on the holiday couch licking yer chops wishing you was all playing!! :D

Barring some miracle performance by Tebow, Rapistburger and the #1 Pittsburgh Defense will rape Tebow for 4 quarters and this one will be ugly for Denver.

I think defenses have figured out how to the beat the Tebow Broncos. Stop the run and make him beat you with his arm. Now Denver needs to find a way to make him successful passing the ball. He was awful yesterday.

The Bengals have never won a road playoff game. It would be a high mark for the last twenty odd years should they pull it off.

Edited by Mike.357
I think defenses have figured out how to the beat the Tebow Broncos. Stop the run and make him beat you with his arm. Now Denver needs to find a way to make him successful passing the ball. He was awful yesterday.

The Bengals have never won a road playoff game. It would be a high mark for the last twenty odd years should they pull it off.

Yeah it's just like the 'wildcat' fad a few years ago. It worked early but by the second facing, most teams had figured it out. The only teams Denver will beat are the ones that can't physically stop their run game.

Sent from my Mom's basement

Guest WyattEarp

who's everyone picking to win the wildcard round this weekend?

my picks

Steelers over Broncos

Bengals over Texans

Saints over Lions

Falcons over Giants

Love me some playoffs!!! Even though I picked Pittsburgh to beat Denver, it'll be alright by me if Denver somehow pulls the upset....Big Ben needs to have a REALLY bad day for that to happen :)

The Packers weren't the most "complete" team last year, either.

to be fair, they also didn't have a bullseye on their backs last year either. this year, everyone is gunning for them. they have been impressive, but I think they get knocked off.

Bronco's cause I freaking hate the Stillers.

Texans because the Bengals have never won a road playoff game.

And even though I do not think the Bengals will win I sure hope they do. I will be rooting hard for it.

New Orleans because they are the best team in football

Giants because their running backs are healthy and a run game will open it up a bit for Eli.

Guest WyattEarp

The lions wanted some who dat, but looks like they bit off more than they could chew.

Sorry about your Bengals, Mike .357 i was pulling for em.

Sent from my Droid Incredible

Edited by WyattEarp