2011 NFL Season

Guest WyattEarp

Guest WyattEarp
my Bungals got the living tar beat out of them today.

I laugh at playoff talk associated with them.

Cue the Jim Mora "playoffs" video.

ah grasshoppah, young team have much to learn, but making improvements, have setback today, but moving right direction. next year time for them to put their big boy britches on. ;)

I'm here and still a non- believer. Glad to see my Raiders are back to playing up to their expectations

Glad you're getting to enjoy "their" success you've earned it :hat:

i forgot, he had a qb rating of 149.2 as well. good team effort by the Broncos, everyone really did their part to make another win happen.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah grasshoppah, young team have much to learn, but making improvements, have setback today, but moving right direction. next year time for them to put their big boy britches on. :hat:

at any rate this is the first game of the year where they totally tanked. I had this marked as a loss last week, but did not think it would be this ugly.

Even if they somehow make the playoffs (again cue Jim Mora) they will be one and done again.

Next year they will not even break even. History speaking.

Guest Victor9er
Tim Tebow for MVP???????

Tim Tebow is the most valuable player in the NFL right now - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

I don't know about that one. W-O-W!

He's also leading the fan votes for the Pro Bowl as well..... :D

See, that's the kind of crazy talk that makes the average football-savvy fans sound like "Tebow haters" to the Tebow lovers.

Even if you wanted to base the MVP award solely on win/loss record (which I can't stand for single players on a TEAM sport) as a starter, there's no argument with:

Aaron Rodgers 12-0

vs

Tim Tebow 6-1

Even still, how do you discount the season that both Drew Brees and Tom Brady are having, both on pace to break Dan Marino's single-season passing record. In any other year I think Brees would be a runaway favorite to win the MVP, but Rodgers is just having a monster season right now.

I have a hard time putting a player up for MVP when he hasn't played the whole season, same thing with the Pro Bowl. And let's be honest here, (Jim Mora impersonation) Pro Bowl? Are you kidding me? Don't talk about Pro Bowl.... Pro Bowl!?

Look, Tebow is having an... interesting year. Pro Bowl? No way, not even close. How do you send a QB to a Pro Bowl when he completes only 2 passes in an entire game? NFL MVP? Nope, sorry. They are winning games with Tebow, not always because of Tebow.

I'll give him this, he had a good game this past weekend, his first real good game as a passer. Granted it was against a Vikings team that has only won 2 games with a rookie QB and a defense that was missing, what was it 5 DB's that were injured? But anyway, Tebow looked better than he has all season in terms of throwing the ball, I have to admit.

I'm not even sure I'd give Tebow a Team MVP award at this point, based on what Von Miller is doing this year as a rookie. They would certainly both have to be up for consideration on that one at the least. But there's no doubt he's helped to spark something on that team. I wouldn't argue with a Team MVP award for Tebow, but league MVP? No.

Most inspirational award maybe? Yeah, I could see that. Comeback player of the year award? Maybe so.

Edited by Victor9er
Guest WyattEarp
He's also leading the fan votes for the Pro Bowl as well..... :poop:

See, that's the kind of crazy talk that makes the average football-savvy fans sound like "Tebow haters" to the Tebow lovers.

Even if you wanted to base the MVP award solely on win/loss record (which I can't stand for single players on a TEAM sport) as a starter, there's no argument with:

Aaron Rodgers 12-0

vs

Tim Tebow 6-1

Even still, how do you discount the season that both Drew Brees and Tom Brady are having, both on pace to break Dan Marino's single-season passing record. In any other year I think Brees would be a runaway favorite to win the MVP, but Rodgers is just having a monster season right now.

I have a hard time putting a player up for MVP when he hasn't played the whole season, same thing with the Pro Bowl. And let's be honest here, (Jim Mora impersonation) Pro Bowl? Are you kidding me? Don't talk about Pro Bowl.... Pro Bowl!?

Look, Tebow is having an... interesting year. Pro Bowl? No way, not even close. How do you send a QB to a Pro Bowl when he completes only 2 passes in an entire game? NFL MVP? Nope, sorry. They are winning games with Tebow, not always because of Tebow.

I'll give him this, he had a good game this past weekend, his first real good game as a passer. Granted it was against a Vikings team that has only won 2 games with a rookie QB and a defense that was missing, what was it 5 DB's that were injured? But anyway, Tebow looked better than he has all season in terms of throwing the ball, I have to admit.

I'm not even sure I'd give Tebow a Team MVP award at this point, based on what Von Miller is doing this year as a rookie. They would certainly both have to be up for consideration on that one at the least. But there's no doubt he's helped to spark something on that team. I wouldn't argue with a Team MVP award for Tebow, but league MVP? No.

Most inspirational award maybe? Yeah, I could see that. Comeback player of the year award? Maybe so.

im ok with the pro bowl, overall he's done very well, won games, been impressive running the ball, and leading the Broncos in come-from-behind-victories. i think he's Pro Bowl worthy, but not MVP

I am not so sure he is Pro Bowl material yet. he is not Big Ben, not Brady. And he has only played half the season.

Mentioning for MVP is laughable at best.

I still keep waiting for a Defensive Co-ordinator to shut him down, not sure if it will happen or not.

His is a winner so far, but then they don't wave the checkered flag at the Indy 500 at 250 miles either. ( unless it is raining)

It is toooooo early still to know if he can keep it up.

You guys stop hating on Little Timmy Tebow. He's just a little different that's all.

Seriously though, the kid just wins. I wasn't a fan of him coming to Denver and I still don't think he's the QB of the future for my Broncos. That said he's buying himself more time with each win to become a better passing QB. Look at some of the other QB's that came into the league as 'running' QB's... McNair, McNabb, Vick, all those guys had the scramble thing down when the play broke down. They did have better arms than Timothy does, but he's going to have time to develop as a pocket passer just like those three did.

Just gonna take a little time and some good coaching (and I'm not sure that Fox is the guy to do that either).

Oh, and go Broncos! Let's make them playoffs!!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Victor9er

4-1 record in his first 5 starts with 10 TD passes.... Ryan Fitzpatrick

Tim Tebow 2011 season stats (8 games - 7 starts):

75/158 (47.5%) completions/attempts

1,054 yards passing

6.7 avg. yards per completion

10 TDs

1 INT

Sacked 18 times

3 rushing TDs

2 fumbles lost

Matt Moore 2011 season stats (9 games - 8 starts):

151/244 (61.9%) completions/attempts

1,769 yards passing

7.2 avg. yards per completion

9 TDs

5 INTs

Sacked 24 times

2 rushing TDs

3 fumbles lost

Just sayin....

Guest WyattEarp
I am not so sure he is Pro Bowl material yet. he is not Big Ben, not Brady. And he has only played half the season.

Mentioning for MVP is laughable at best.

I still keep waiting for a Defensive Co-ordinator to shut him down, not sure if it will happen or not.

His is a winner so far, but then they don't wave the checkered flag at the Indy 500 at 250 miles either. ( unless it is raining)

It is toooooo early still to know if he can keep it up.

I disagree on the Pro Bowl, what he's been able to do overall in 7 starts this year, is just amazing. It hasn't been pretty, but not turning the ball over has been the key to his success. 3 turnovers, that's it. 2 fumbles, and an INT. what starter who has played the entire season can say that? he'll have 11 games of work by season's end, Brady and Dalton are the only 2 QB's in the AFC playing great football right now aside from Tebow. Roethlisberger has been quietly having a nice season, but not an impressive one. Rivers has had a terrible season, Cassell and Schaub are both on IR, McCoy stinks, Gabbert's a rookie who is struggling, hasselbeck is...well he's hasselbeck, not much you really can say about him. Flacco is inconsistent, Sanchez looks like the 2nd coming of Ryan Leaf this year, just waiting on the mental breakdown in the lockerroom to happen, Manning is injured, Moore has been struggling, Fitzpatrick fell off the grid after 5 games, Carson Palmer's learning a new offense, who else is there??? Tebow, Manning and Dalton are the only one's who played and performed well enough to go to the Pro Bowl IMO.

As far as a D-Coord shutting him down, It's already happened, happened against the Lions, but you're not going to play the Lions every single week, or even a team like the Lions every single week. I keep hearing that pinhead Merrill Hoge talking about the read-option won't last, and look at what happened to the wildcat after 2 years and that it got shut down, and you can't sustain an offense like that in the NFL. Well through 7 games, it's been 85.7% effective. Until someone shuts it down week in and week out, I say keep using it. It slows the game down for Tebow a bit, it forces the other team to change their defensive schemes and planning, and what's complimenting it is that Denver's defense is making the other teams offense's change things up and overall it's forcing the opponents to play the way Denver wants. Everything is clicking for them Broncos right now, and they are the hottest team in football right now of any team outside the state of Wisconsin.

What blows me away is the ignorance of merrill and the hoge podge (pun intended :usa:) he spews, to think that Tim Tebow can't get better, and won't improve...when it's happening right in front of his very eyes and everyone else's!

I'm sure he's right the read-option won't be successful forever, but as Tebow improves, they won't have to rely on the read-option, and can transition back into a pro-style offense, and maybe throw some wildcat/read-option offense in there once in a while to mix it up.

Here's a list of everything he's done, they said he couldn't do.

1.) Said he couldn't win a National Championship - Check.

2.) Said he'd never get drafted - Check.

3.) Said he wouldn't start for an NFL team - Check.

4.) Said he couldn't win - BIG CHECK.

5.) Said he can't take the abuse of being hit so much (The LB's and DT"s should file an order of protection against Tebow! ) - Check.

6.) Said he couldn't make the big throws when it counted most. Brandon Lloyd, Eric Decker, Dante Rosario and Willis McGahee would beg to disagree - Check

7.) Said he couldn't be a pocket passer and be efficient and complete more than 50% of his throws. - (see last week vs. Minnesota) - Check

8.) They said he couldn't win a shootout (see last week vs. Minnesota) - Ummm, yep, that's a check.

9.) Tom Jackson said he couldn't win if the other team put up 24 points or more - (again, see last week vs Minnesota) - Check (Tom Jackson apologized last week on the Blitz to Tebow for saying that too)

Now they're saying

1.) He can't sustain his success

2.) he can't take them to the playoffs

3.) he can't win a playoff game

4.) he can't lead the Broncos to a division title

5.) he can't win an AFC Championship Game

6.) he can't win a Super Bowl

i figure it's just a matter of time before he starts checking these off too. Until I see the kid fail, and fail consistently, there's nothing this kid can't accomplish that he sets his mind to, and he continues to prove everyone that says he can't do something, DEAD WRONG.

You guys stop hating on Little Timmy Tebow. He's just a little different that's all.

Seriously though, the kid just wins. I wasn't a fan of him coming to Denver and I still don't think he's the QB of the future for my Broncos. That said he's buying himself more time with each win to become a better passing QB. Look at some of the other QB's that came into the league as 'running' QB's... McNair, McNabb, Vick, all those guys had the scramble thing down when the play broke down. They did have better arms than Timothy does, but he's going to have time to develop as a pocket passer just like those three did.

Just gonna take a little time and some good coaching (and I'm not sure that Fox is the guy to do that either).

Oh, and go Broncos! Let's make them playoffs!!! :D

tell you what, that kid is improving every week, and everything that all his haters are saying he can't do, he's doing them one by one and checking them off the list.

Sunday was a big improvement. 15 of 20 for 205, 2 TD's, 0 INT, 1 fumble lost (that didn't cause Denver to give up any points to the Vikings and came at the end of the first half), and a 2 pt conversion. only 4 rushes for 13 yards.

if we continue to see improvement like that and he can put a couple of these back to back to finish the season, I'll be sold he can continue to develop and improve, and I think he'll have earned another shot to be the guy in the Denver next year. A few more wins, and we're out of draft position to take a quality QB unless we trade up, and give away a 1st rounder next year, and with the help the team still needs on the Defensive Line, in the secondary and at WR, OL, and RB...I can't see Denver doing that unless Tebow has a major relapse to his former ways over the next 4 games and it gets ugly and we completely tank.

Once this kid gets it all down, he's going to do some mighty special things. Bronco football is once again exciting!!!

Sunday, the Bears, who are without Cutler and Forte, come limping in to Mile High, and we're gonna knock the Bears off too! I'm calling my shot right now! Broncos 20, Bears 17...in a late 4th quarter, Mile High Magic, Tebow gears it up in the 4th and we put the Bears and their playoff hopes to bed. My only regret is that sniveling crybaby Cutler won't be under center to meet the wrath of Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller and get picked 3 times by the Denver defense. But i'm sure he was probably scared of what the broncos would do to him come Dec 11th, so he broke his thumb :D

Guest Victor9er

That's just what we've been screaming, he hasn't been playing good QB. He's had 1 good game so far as a QB. I'm not denying that he's playing well in terms of not turning the ball over, and his running ability is a nice compliment to their running game... but he's not being asked to do a lot either. One good game does not make someone a Pro Bowl QB. (and don't start with the whole "he's 6-1 as a starter" argument, that's not what the Pro Bowl is about. If it were based on winning games then the two kickers from the Raiders would never have made a Pro Bowl!!)

:lol:

:-\

OK, go back and look at the stats I posted. It's a fair comparison with Matt Moore because they have both played in pretty much the same amount of games. (Moore has 1 more game than Tebow does) Moore has almost as many completions as Tebow has attempts. Moore's completion percentage is way higher than Tebow's. Moore has 700 yards more passing. His average yards per completion is higher. Their TDs are basically the same. For all of Tebow's running skills he only has 1 more rushing TD than Moore does, who's not a runner. (Tebow's 83 attempts vs Moore's 25 attempts) Fumbles lost are almost the same. Moore has a few more INTs, but he's also thrown the ball almost 100 more attempts than Tebow has.

Look, my point is, if you're not willing to put Matt Moore in the Pro Bowl, then there's no way you can put Tim Tebow in the Pro Bowl. Sorry.

And that Bears game... I'm starting to think that maybe Tebow does have some divine intervention after all.... this past week Denver gets the Vikings with a rookie QB, no Adrian Peterson and about 5 guys missing from their secondary, and this week they get a Bears team with no Jay Cutler AND no Matt Forte.... Denver may be able to win that game by scoring nothing more than a safety!! (Maybe Tom Brady should sit this week out huh?)

Edited by Victor9er

You guys are blowing the stupid Pro Bowl out of proportion. Let's call it for what it is... IT'S A BEAUTY PAGENT!!! The most popular guys get VOTED to the Pro Bowl. Who can honestly tell me that they watched the last Pro Bowl???

The number one selling jersey in the NFL right now is Tebow's. The kid has 50 people in love with him for every hater that he's got.

Pro Bowl aside, the kid is "winning" games. He has a lot to do with the locker room, and the other 52 guys on that roster are all supporting him (except Brady Quinn). They believe!

It's no secret that Denver's defense has been tougher over the last 7 games. They've played lights out for the kids that are on that side of the roster. If the offense can continue to produce points (equal to that of the opponent that we play on that week) then we will have a lot of close ball games down the stretch. We haven't won a lot of games by a large margin, we've been behind and had to come back in most of these last few games. Tebow will continue to grow as an actual QB and he will turn into a team leader on the field as much as what he is in the locker room, just gonna take some time.

For all the Tebow haters out there, keep hatin! I was one of you, and then the kid got drafted to my team and he's 6-1 as a starter. If he'd done the same for your team you'd be just like me: skeptical that he's your long term solution at QB, but happy as hell that you've gone 6-1 over the last 7 games now.

And let's all remember back to when the Donkeys faced the Lions, they were playing a VERY good team.

Now, back to my Grey Goose and nachos...

T.

Guest WyattEarp
That's just what we've been screaming, he hasn't been playing good QB. He's had 1 good game so far as a QB. I'm not denying that he's playing well in terms of not turning the ball over, and his running ability is a nice compliment to their running game... but he's not being asked to do a lot either. One good game does not make someone a Pro Bowl QB. (and don't start with the whole "he's 6-1 as a starter" argument, that's not what the Pro Bowl is about. If it were based on winning games then the two kickers from the Raiders would never have made a Pro Bowl!!)

:lol:

:-\

OK, go back and look at the stats I posted. It's a fair comparison with Matt Moore because they have both played in pretty much the same amount of games. (Moore has 1 more game than Tebow does) Moore has almost as many completions as Tebow has attempts. Moore's completion percentage is way higher than Tebow's. Moore has 700 yards more passing. His average yards per completion is higher. Their TDs are basically the same. For all of Tebow's running skills he only has 1 more rushing TD than Moore does, who's not a runner. (Tebow's 83 attempts vs Moore's 25 attempts) Fumbles lost are almost the same. Moore has a few more INTs, but he's also thrown the ball almost 100 more attempts than Tebow has.

Look, my point is, if you're not willing to put Matt Moore in the Pro Bowl, then there's no way you can put Tim Tebow in the Pro Bowl. Sorry.

And that Bears game... I'm starting to think that maybe Tebow does have some divine intervention after all.... this past week Denver gets the Vikings with a rookie QB, no Adrian Peterson and about 5 guys missing from their secondary, and this week they get a Bears team with no Jay Cutler AND no Matt Forte.... Denver may be able to win that game by scoring nothing more than a safety!! (Maybe Tom Brady should sit this week out huh?)

ah, you fans are so spoiled by the pass happy offenses of today, that you have no appreciation for the roots of football, which was running the ball, which MANY a QB did long before offenses became pass happy.

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Tebow’s latest supporter: Bill Cosby «

im starting to wonder if the stars are aligning and the apocalypse moon is coming, 6-1, with terrible pass stats overall, and keeps pulling games out of his ying yang somehow....if this continues and it happens in the post-season, i'll be yanking out my bible and reading the book of Revelation pretty damn fast! lol.

Guest Victor9er

T. J. Yates for MVP!!! :D

Let's face it, Houston doesn't make it's FIRST EVER playoff appearence without T.J. Yates at QB. Schaub goes down, playoff run could be in jeopardy... Leinart goes down, that's it right? Rookie 3rd string QB has to come in now, the season is over. They better give Farvre a call... WRONG.

T.J. Yates steps in and bam, the Texans are division champs and in the playoffs. That's it man, he's a Pro Bowler, league MVP. Hey he's 2-0 as a starter, all he does is win!

Is that how it goes? I'm not used to this... Denver fans help me out.

;)

Edited by Victor9er

What a turn around by the Broncos. Loved this quote from Tebow yesterday.

"It's not Tebow time, it's Broncos time." - Tim Tebow

Tough loss by the Titans today. They played their guts out though. Looking at the remaining games, they might just make it into the playoffs. Should be exciting.

Guest WyattEarp
What a turn around by the Broncos. Loved this quote from Tebow yesterday.

"It's not Tebow time, it's Broncos time." - Tim Tebow

Tough loss by the Titans today. They played their guts out though. Looking at the remaining games, they might just make it into the playoffs. Should be exciting.

:( did, I uh...did I just read that right? YOU just gave props to Tebow???

that was an awesome quote by Tebow, I think people can learn a lot from this kid about attitude, believing in yourself and those around you, and about being unselfish. Tebow has a humbleness, selflessness and humility about him that goes a long way.

If one day you all don't hear from me after watching this kid play, it's because I had a heart attack and have moved on to the next life lol. I about had one yesterday.

TItans played a good game, too bad Locker didn't throw that ball to the corner of the end zone on the last play, he had a man wide open, but that's just a rookie being a rookie.

Guest WyattEarp
T. J. Yates for MVP!!! :D

Let's face it, Houston doesn't make it's FIRST EVER playoff appearence without T.J. Yates at QB. Schaub goes down, playoff run could be in jeopardy... Leinart goes down, that's it right? Rookie 3rd string QB has to come in now, the season is over. They better give Farvre a call... WRONG.

T.J. Yates steps in and bam, the Texans are division champs and in the playoffs. That's it man, he's a Pro Bowler, league MVP. Hey he's 2-0 as a starter, all he does is win!

Is that how it goes? I'm not used to this... Denver fans help me out.

:(

he's gotta go 7-1 first...that's the criteria. then he's gotta lead them to come from behind victories in each of the 7 victories, in dramatic fashion.

sawwwwy, no MVP for Yates! but I like the kid, we're seeing a highly capable and confident group of rookies doing great things in the NFL this season.

Dalton, Newton, Tebow (not technically a rookie, 2nd year player, but a rookie under center in terms of starting standards), Yates, Matt Moore, Christian Ponder, Gabbert's starting to get it clicking, Locker is looking decent in the limited action he's had.

Aside from Tebow (since he was drafted in 2010), the 2011 rookie class might be the best corps of QB's to hit the league in years. If Yates plays well for the rest of the season and the playoffs, I could see Schaub being cut or traded in the off season.

Yea I gave props to him for the quote. What can I say, he inspires the team to play better.

Do I think he is great NFL QB? Not really. Is he a good on the field General? Probably so. Does he make the team better? Yes. Do I think the NFL defenses will figure out how to stop him and it will all come crashing down? In time, I believe it will.

But for now, he has them on a winning streak and that's all that matters.

I have told people all along I'm not a Tebow hater. I just hate how the media gives him ALL the attention instead of the team.