DO NOT BUY FROM DSA!!!

Bought a ZM4 upper with canted sights. I sent it back, they sent me another one back with canted front sight. Sold it. Will never buy from them again. On top of this the person I talked to was not surprised and even said she was telling people to send them back and they will fix it. My thought was goodness how many have been sent out to other people that are like mine.

Guest Laufer

East_TN:

Glad that the manager called you back pretty quickly, and that you allowed them to correct the irregular inspection (and sloppy documentation) process.

What if a part had resulted in an injury?

Are they not aware of the large financial penalty and legal bills they would have paid?

Haha well I based that on what I hadn't heard up til now

Always? You should read Falfiles more often. I bet that's what happened. Someone screwed them but they were too busy to notice, so they passed the screwing on to you. Glad they're making an effort to do the right thing. Seems like lots of these small-ish businesses think they can't afford to implement a fairly rigorous quality control program. When in truth, they can't afford not to.
Bought a ZM4 upper with canted sights. I sent it back, they sent me another one back with canted front sight. Sold it. Will never buy from them again. On top of this the person I talked to was not surprised and even said she was telling people to send them back and they will fix it. My thought was goodness how many have been sent out to other people that are like mine.

You sold it ???

This is precisely why the customer is always right.

Had they simply accepted what you said, they'd be 'out' $100 at worst (their cost is surely less) and you'd likely have posted about your positive experience.

Instead, they acted like jerks and now will never see a dime from me even if they do make good for you in the end (hope they do), as there are enough AR manufacturers out there that WILL strive to take care of the customer that I don't have to 'risk it' with a company like DS Arms.

When my father owned his own business he passed on a nugget of wisdom I've since heard many places: a satisfied customer will tell 1-3 other people of their positive experience, but typically only if the subject comes up in conversation. A dissatisfied customer will tell ten people of their negative experience and will look for ways to spread the news.

Arguing with the customer rarely gets you anywhere. The customer is always right.

So here is the latest update. I received the upper and a new BCG today. I can definitely tell the difference between this BCG and the one that I originally received. This one appears to be as good as the one that came in a Compass Lake custom match rifle I bought from a friend a few months ago. The upper itself appears to be in good order. I am 99.9% certain this is not the same upper I originally received. There was distinct rubbing inside the upper from the defective junk BCG and I don't see it on this upper. I also got shipping papers with this upper, unlike the original one. Based on all of this, my suspicion is still that the original upper I received had been returned to them with that defective BCG, nobody at DSA checked it, and they sent it back out to me. I have not checked to see if they have refunded any of my return shipping, but at this point, I am so tired of dealing with it, I will eat the $20 instead of fighting about it. Throughout this mess, the customer service manager was polite enough, but I am still not totally convinced that he is particularly sincere about whether he believes that they made a mistake. Although he finally did make an effort to correct the mistake, they were not exceedingly gracious in handing me the olive branch.

Will I purchase again from DSA? Probably not. I am unlikely to order anything like this again from any company based on this experience. This was the first time I have ever encountered a problem like this and the experience was one that has soured me on buying items online that I can't afford to just eat the loss if the product is faulty on the chance that the seller will choose to blame me for their mistake. I'll continue to order small items from companies like Brownell's or Midway, but that's about it. The extra $125 it would have cost me to buy an upper locally would have been more than worth the aggravation and time it has taken to deal with this mess. In retrospect, I should have just told DSA to keep their upper and refund me the money because now I wonder what recourse I will have if I take this one out to the range and find it's a piece of junk. Ah well, live and learn.

I'll be posting a review of this upper along with the PCF lower I have it mounted on as soon as I can get out to the range.

This is precisely why the customer is always right.

Had they simply accepted what you said, they'd be 'out' $100 at worst (their cost is surely less) and you'd likely have posted about your positive experience.

Instead, they acted like jerks and now will never see a dime from me even if they do make good for you in the end (hope they do), as there are enough AR manufacturers out there that WILL strive to take care of the customer that I don't have to 'risk it' with a company like DS Arms.

When my father owned his own business he passed on a nugget of wisdom I've since heard many places: a satisfied customer will tell 1-3 other people of their positive experience, but typically only if the subject comes up in conversation. A dissatisfied customer will tell ten people of their negative experience and will look for ways to spread the news.

Arguing with the customer rarely gets you anywhere. The customer is always right.

Dang right! No DSA for me either, not that I would have anyway, but as you say, there's so many AR companies, why bother with one that jerks TGO'ers around?