DO NOT BUY FROM DSA!!!

I purchased a ZM4 upper and BCG from them a couple of weeks ago. The BCG that came with the upper was seriously flawed and would not function in the rifle. I contacted them the next day, and they advised me to return it. I received a call today stating that the BCG I returned is not one of theirs and that there is no way that BCG would have left their facility. They also said that it is well-used and near the point of failure. In short, it appears that someone in their facility took a junk BCG, stuck it in my upper, and now they are refusing to make things right. They are accusing me of scamming them. I have NEVER experienced a problem like this from a company. DO NOT BUY FROM DS Arms. They are crooks, plain and simple. I will be returning the upper as well, because I have no faith in their products at this point and their customer service is definitely lacking.

Guest nysos

Wow, seriously lame. It is sickening that they didn't even consider the possibility of one of their workers on the line doing something like that. Before trying to backtrace the product to who assembled it, they instantly blame you. It is one thing to go about it with skepticism, but to rule out what you are saying completely....

If that is the first time one of their workers has done something like that, if they don't get caught it is only going to happen more. They will probably get more CS calls about problems like that in the future before they end up connecting the dots, all the more reason not to buy IMO.

Guest nicemac
Yeah, I am out $110 for a piece of junk BCG they sent me. I'm on the phone with Visa now to see if I have any recourse.

You can dispute it and the cc company SHOULD reverse the charge.

thats why i buy in person might pay a little more from time to time but i know what i am getting and from whom

Yeah, lesson learned the hard way here. I'll be getting my next upper from Bill's Outpost. As soon as I can save up another $100 that is. Un-friggin-believable!

My one and only dealing with DSA was less than spectacular. Their quality control and their customer service is very hit/miss. Based on comments on Falfiles, you might call back and try to speak with Nikki. She seems to do a reasonable job taking care of people.

My one and only dealing with DSA was less than spectacular. Their quality control and their customer service is very hit/miss. Based on comments on Falfiles, you might call back and try to speak with Nikki. She seems to do a reasonable job taking care of people.

I appreciate that info, but I'm done with them. I have packaged up the upper with plenty of padding so they can't accuse me of damaging their upper. If that's how they treat customers, I have no interest in dealing with them. I only hope that Visa can help out because I don't have $100 to waste.

I can't say anything about their quality although, according to you guys, it's less than stellar. I do know their ability to provide really sucks. I was on my head for an FAL a while back and they back logged every time.

Well, it seems my tenacity has paid off a bit. I just received a call from the manager I dealt with earlier. He said that he is not sure how it was possible that my junk BCG managed to get shipped from the facility, but he apologized and offered to send me a replacement upper and BCG and cover all of my shipping costs. I am relieved to see that they are willing to give be the benefit of the doubt and he also explained that they have a big problem with people trying to scam for free parts, which is why they took the initial stance they did. It takes a big man to call and do that, so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how it turns out. My suspicion is that someone sent in that junk bolt carrier group and it ended up getting mixed in with the good parts somehow and a bit of sloppy quality control completed the mistake.

I will give an update, good or bad.

Looks like they're trying to clean up their AR-15 branch a bit. Happy to hear.

Definitely keep us updated.

I definitely will. I can't help but wonder if he went to the back and said, "Hey anyone seen this bolt before?" and some worker said, "Yeah, that's some piece of junk that showed up in here one day. Why?" I'm still a bit miffed at their initial approach, which was polite, but still accusatory. As long as they are willing to make the effort to make things right, I can respect that and will give them the opportunity. He admitted that my immediate and vigorous response helped convince him that I wasn't trying to scam them. I still have the charge disputed on my card until this is resolved. I really liked the look of the upper, so I can only hope that this was just a freak isolated mistake and the final outcome will be satisfactory for all involved.

Looks like they're trying to clean up their AR-15 branch a bit. Happy to hear.

Definitely keep us updated.

I definitely will. I can't help but wonder if he went to the back and said, "Hey anyone seen this bolt before?" and some worker said, "Yeah, that's some piece of junk that showed up in here one day. Why?" I'm still a bit miffed at their initial approach, which was polite, but still accusatory. As long as they are willing to make the effort to make things right, I can respect that and will give them the opportunity. He admitted that my immediate and vigorous response helped convince him that I wasn't trying to scam them. I still have the charge disputed on my card until this is resolved. I really liked the look of the upper, so I can only hope that this was just a freak isolated mistake and the final outcome will be satisfactory for all involved.

Well im glad they are trying to make it right...their FAL stuff has always been great, but everything of theirs I have got has been through other vendors...

If it doesnt work out you should look at Palmettostatearmory.com (for a BCG or complete upper) or aimsurplus.com for a Spikes BCG (they are seriously well built) either will get you a nice setup for the same money you spent

Well im glad they are trying to make it right...their FAL stuff has always been great, but everything of theirs I have got has been through other vendors...

If it doesnt work out you should look at Palmettostatearmory.com (for a BCG or complete upper) or aimsurplus.com for a Spikes BCG (they are seriously well built) either will get you a nice setup for the same money you spent

I was going to get a PSA upper, but they have been out of stock for a while. My intent was to get my carbine GTG for the 3 gun match at ORSA last week. Obviously, that didn't work out. Had they not eaten crow and offered to do all it took to make things right, I was going to just wait on the PSA upper. I was happy with the quality of the upper I got, but didn't know enough at the time to recognize the problems with the BCG (except for the fit problem). I am planning an SBR build and will likely go with the PSA upper for that one.

Interesting that after I sent them a link to this thread and told them in a nutshell that things like this get around fast and cost them business that they called you back to set it straight. Coincidence?

When did you send them a copy of this thread? They called me back within a couple of hours of the initial discussion. If you did have some part in this, I appreciate it. I'm still a bit leery of their intentions, but we shall see. Like I have said previously, I understand their position regarding people who try to scam them out of parts. However, the way they approached the issue is with an attitude of "there is no possible way we could have made a mistake." They did make a mistake. A big one. But with their attitude, it's not possible for anyone to prove it because they refuse to accept that any mistake could be made. I still fully believe that someone duped them by returning that bad bolt carrier group and it was sent to me either due to bad quality control or intentional misconduct by someone (perhaps the person who inadvertently accepted it as a return?). I am actually wondering if the entire upper had been returned, they never bothered to double check the BCG, and sent it back out. For the record, there was no paperwork in the box with the upper, which I found odd. Typically you will get a packing slip with the name of the person who did the QC check and sent it out. Either way, I was looking at being out $110 plus a total of $41 for shipping back and forth and had zero recourse through their company. According to the manager's response, had I not been the @$$ that I can be, I would still be S.O.L. I should get it all back late this week, and I will keep this updated. Like I said before, I am willing to let them try to make this right since they made the effort to correct it.

Always? You should read Falfiles more often.

I am actually wondering if the entire upper had been returned, they never bothered to double check the BCG, and sent it back out.

I bet that's what happened. Someone screwed them but they were too busy to notice, so they passed the screwing on to you. Glad they're making an effort to do the right thing.

Seems like lots of these small-ish businesses think they can't afford to implement a fairly rigorous quality control program. When in truth, they can't afford not to.

When did you send them a copy of this thread? They called me back within a couple of hours of the initial discussion. If you did have some part in this, I appreciate it. I'm still a bit leery of their intentions, but we shall see. Like I have said previously, I understand their position regarding people who try to scam them out of parts. However, the way they approached the issue is with an attitude of "there is no possible way we could have made a mistake." They did make a mistake. A big one. But with their attitude, it's not possible for anyone to prove it because they refuse to accept that any mistake could be made. I still fully believe that someone duped them by returning that bad bolt carrier group and it was sent to me either due to bad quality control or intentional misconduct by someone (perhaps the person who inadvertently accepted it as a return?). I am actually wondering if the entire upper had been returned, they never bothered to double check the BCG, and sent it back out. For the record, there was no paperwork in the box with the upper, which I found odd. Typically you will get a packing slip with the name of the person who did the QC check and sent it out. Either way, I was looking at being out $110 plus a total of $41 for shipping back and forth and had zero recourse through their company. According to the manager's response, had I not been the @$$ that I can be, I would still be S.O.L. I should get it all back late this week, and I will keep this updated. Like I said before, I am willing to let them try to make this right since they made the effort to correct it.

I sent them an email around 12:30 PM of the day you posted. I started the email before you posted at 12:33. It's probably a coincidence, but I wouldn't want bad press circulating around gun sites if I were in the gun business.