all my parts are in!

Guest nysos

Guest nysos

Looks like my barrel and gas tube are out for delivery today which are my last pieces, so that means I will be putting together my AR tonight (hopefully fully). Pics to follow as soon as it is done.

Just to list off what I got. Ended up buying a ton of yankee hill stuff due to some of the daniel defense parts I wanted being back ordered. So far their quality of parts seems really nice, but on the underside of the upper where the roll pin was hammered in for the forward assist they dinged the finish from what looks like using too large of a punch to hammer it in, or slipping. Ended up buying a spike's lower from coal creek armory as the lower I had on order was backordered 8 weeks, funny thing was looking at it side by side to the tactical machining lower. The spikes was priced cheaper, the finish was 10x better, and the machining was much cleaner and more precise. Can't say I like the big "infidel" on the side of the spikes but w/e, a lower is a lower.

upper -

yankee hill upper w/ dust cover & forward assist already installed

yankee hill 16" threaded and fluted chrome lined barrel

midwest industries 12" free float quad rail handguard

midwest industries low profile flip up front & rear sites

yankee hill flash hider

daniel defense BCG

yankee hill charging handle

yankee hill black powder coated gas tube

yankee hill low profile gas block

lower -

spike's tactical stripped lower

daniel defense lpk

magpul miad grip

magpul ubrs stock

other misc.

magpul rail covers

magpul angled forward grip

magpul pmags

Probably going to pick up a $50 barska red dot from bill's outpost after work to hold me over until I can buy something more expensive without my fiance' killing me.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bulluck533

Those little barska of what i have seen of them, are great red dots for the price. I'm sure that you will be happy with it. I love how it gives you 4 different opsitoins for the red dot.

Guest nysos
Those little barska of what i have seen of them, are great red dots for the price. I'm sure that you will be happy with it. I love how it gives you 4 different opsitoins for the red dot.

Yep it will serve dual purpose, will help me figure out what sort of reticule I like before I drop big money on really nice optics.

Damn, this thing is going to be slick. You made some great choices as to parts. Tell me, where did you get all these Yankee Hill parts? I never found a barrel.

EDIT: just took a look. They don't sell mid-lengths, that's why it came in under my radar.

Edited by Jon_L
Guest nysos
Damn, this thing is going to be slick. You made some great choices as to parts. Tell me, where did you get all these Yankee Hill parts? I never found a barrel.

EDIT: just took a look. They don't sell mid-lengths, that's why it came in under my radar.

Yep, they only do carbine and rifle unfortunately because their barrels are really slick. I wanted an 18", but that they do not do. I was originally going to go with a daniel defense 18" but it was tapered, which I did not like - so I started looking at yankee hill's offerings.

edit: only ****ty cell phone pics but here it is

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/album.php?albumid=65

Edited by nysos
Yep, they only do carbine and rifle unfortunately because their barrels are really slick. I wanted an 18", but that they do not do. I was originally going to go with a daniel defense 18" but it was tapered, which I did not like - so I started looking at yankee hill's offerings.

edit: only ****ty cell phone pics but here it is

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/album.php?albumid=65

Nice...now the question everyone is wondering....when do I get to shoot this bad boy :)

Guest nysos

If I could I would have gone and shot it right after it was put together, but it wasn't finished until just before 1am last night. Will probably be next weekend before I shoot it, my dad is a member at ORSA and he helped me put it together so I kind of want him to be there for the first shots so he can shoot it too.

Side note, I ran by bill's outpost to pick up my red dot and low and behold the 3 that they had in stock of the model I wanted sold since I was in Tuesday. Luckily they said they should have some more in by midweek. Next project....piecing together a 22 LR upper. ;)