2011 College Football Season

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WyattEarp
The LSU/Bama game will be the real National Championship game.

I hadn't watched Bama play until last night. And Trent Richardson is scary good. The the team is huge across the board.

that's assuming that either one doesn't lose before then, but you're right about Troy Richardson, he was just dragging 3-5 Florida players with him last night each time he got the ball. That guy is in a league all by himself. His strength is brutal, and he's a workhorse. I would like to see the Broncos draft him to be the man when he goes pro. He's huge, he's fast, and he's a wrecking ball wearing a pair of cleats.

I'm not sold on LSU just yet. They really haven't played any quality opponents. Oregon isn't that good this year, MSU started hot, but have since cooled off after losing to Auburn and MSU. Didn't watch the game last night against Kentucky, but I heard they put Jefferson back in, and if that's the case, that will be their undoing. Jarrett Lee is a much better QB than Jefferson. If Jefferson's in, UT or Florida (if Brantley comes back) could beat LSU.

Arkansas also always plays LSU tough.

on a side note, I'm excited for Sept 2014. The Volunteers venture out to Norman to get an education in how real football is played at the expense of the Sooners. I will be at that game! Stoops is 72-2 against non-conference opponents at home as OU's coach. The following year, the Sooners come to Knoxville to give the Volunteers some continuing education. May come to this game too :)

Guest WyattEarp

Oklahoma taking Texas outback to the woodshed today. 49-10, and it's not even midway through the 3rd quarter yet. Booomer Sooner. This OU team is starting to impress me with they way they are playing on both sides of the ball.

hoping for a date with Bama in the NC Game come January!!! Booooooooomer Soooooooner!

OU needs to find a running game to win the championship - one dimensional teams get eaten alive against good defenses...

86 yards rushing against Texas - that won't get it done against an LSU or Bama D.

good god, you all ain't never seen a typo before?

Considering it was Air Force, I think we all assumed it was something other than 'opening a can' as any team with a pulse does that to service academies.

Guess that shows how far the bar has been lowered for ND...

:dropjaw:

it was not so long ago Alabama had a problem or two of their own.

And of course if someone from Alabama does not make it into the NFL we all know what the most spoken phrase by those players is.

:dropjaw:

Edited by Mike.357
Guest Victor9er

LSU - 41

Florida - 11

Geaux Tigers!!

:D

A couple of games still have me concerned though....

Auburn - LSU may get caught looking ahead to the alabama game.... hopefully they'll stay focused since they have a bye week between the two.

Alabama - obvious reasons, I think both teams are evenly matched. It could be a toss up as to who would win on any given weekend.

Ole Miss - I don't know what it is... but for some reason LSU always has trouble with a Houston Nutt team, going back to when he was coaching Arkansas his was one of the teams that beat LSU when they won the National Championship. I don't think Ole Miss has the players to seriously beat LSU, but I've learned not to underestimate Houston Nutt when he faces LSU. And again LSU might get caught napping if they look ahead to Arkansas.

Arkansas - last game of the regular season, a lot of potential pitfalls and what looks like a decent Razorback team. I think LSU is a better team but if they don't play with the right intensity they could get surprised.

LSU is capable of beating every team on their schedule, and as long as they don't beat themselves they should win every game. Alabama is probably the only team good enough to still beat LSU even if they do play a good game, but if those two teams played each other 10 times they'd probably each win 5 so we'll just have to wait and see who will have the better day.

Considering it was Air Force, I think we all assumed it was something other than 'opening a can' as any team with a pulse does that to service academies.

Guess that shows how far the bar has been lowered for ND...

;)

South Carolina only beat Navy 24-21. It wasn't too long ago that Ohio St needed a last second int on Navy's 2-point conversion to pull out the win over Navy. Oh and Air Force just beat Navy. I also recall Bama losing to La-Monroe while Saban was installing his system. Facts are weird huh?

Guest WyattEarp

seems to me I remember Ole Miss losing to Jacksonville State last year. Michigan to Appalachian State a few years ago.

I like the Irish, and try to watch them when I can, but I am definitely ready to see them step up and join a conference, and start competing on a regular basis with some actual competitors.

ND has no reason to join a conference. They are making the big bucks from NBC all on their own and they don't have to divide it with 9-10 other teams.

I would like them to join a conference, but I don't think they will anytime soon.

This actually is not true. Notre Dame stands to make more by joining the Big 10 or Whatever it is conference off their TV deal. Notre Dame does not want to lose its national presence by joining a conference. They can go to any state and recruit well. The TV deal with NBC at best helps them maintain this national presence but it certainly isn't the sweetheart most people believe it is.

South Carolina only beat Navy 24-21. It wasn't too long ago that Ohio St needed a last second int on Navy's 2-point conversion to pull out the win over Navy. Oh and Air Force just beat Navy. I also recall Bama losing to La-Monroe while Saban was installing his system. Facts are weird huh?

Wow, even with a smiley you guys take it to heart...

lighten_up_francis.jpg

ND will only join a conference when being in one is the only way to have a chance at a national title.

They make good money from NBC but i guess they make more from not having to share licensing fees for apparel and souveniers.

Troof.

Why would they otherwise?

Guest WyattEarp

LSU demolished the Vols, game was close till halftime, then that was the end of it. Bama rolling over Ole Miss, have to think that Houston Nutt just might be the worst and most overrated coach to ever be in the SEC. He was alright at Arkansas, and I'm still not sure why he ended up leaving to go to Ole Miss, but since jumping ship, he hasn't done anything legit.

If Tebow works out for the Broncos at QB, I hope to God in Heaven they draft Trent Richardson. That guy is a wrecking ball in a pair of cleats. We need that kind of running game in Denver to take the pressure off Tebow. Tebow + T. Rich + defense = Super Bowl. :D

Guest WyattEarp

Well, Oklahoma did it again...lost a game they were supposed to a win. got caught overlooking an opponent yet again. Won't be any BCS NC Game party for them.

Stanford vs SEC winner?

Clemson vs SEC Winner?

I could go for either one of those. Wisconsin's out of it after falling to Michigan State.

Hats off to Texas Tech for a game well played, they came to play, my boys were asleep at the wheel tonight.