2011 College Football Season

Guest WyattEarp

We definitely don't want mike leach, besides he is gonna go to Washington State. We need Dooley to stay another year for nothing more than just stability in the recruiting. Look at Florida for example. Ron Zook was a great recruiter but couldn't get it done in the field, so when Urban was hired he had great talent to work with. If we keep turning coaches over without bringing in talent, we'll be the next Vandy,Kentucky,traditional non-winning program

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definitely don't want mike leach, besides he is gonna go to Washington State. We need Dooley to stay another year for nothing more than just stability in the recruiting. Look at Florida for example. Ron Zook was a great recruiter but couldn't get it done in the field, so when Urban was hired he had great talent to work with. If we keep turning coaches over without bringing in talent, we'll be the next Vandy,Kentucky,traditional non-winning program

I agree, Yep its been a crappy year but we need to take a deep breath and give Dooley a chance. Its hard to recruit when the kids don't know for sure who their coach is gonna' be from year to year. Thats alot of what got us into this mess.

Guest WyattEarp

well, as long as Oklahoma takes care of business against Oklahoma State tonight, it'll be a Bama vs LSU NC Game.

go Sooners. No way I wanna see Oklahoma State in the NC Game.

Guest WyattEarp
I do, I thought Bama-LSU was very boring. I don't need to see it again

three things, you can't tell me Oklahoma State deserves to be there after losing to Iowa State.

secondly, you can't tell me Alabama and LSU aren't the 2 BEST teams in the nation right now. They are levels above everyone else. Oklahoma State is not even close to be the 3rd best team in the naiton, let alone the 2nd best.

Does anyone really want to see LSU obliterate Oklahoma State 50-0? Because if Oklahoma State goes to the NC Game somehow, that's exactly what will happen.

Lol at Oklahoma getting a mudhole stomped in them.

really pathetic effort. not sure what happened to this team mid season, but this is not the same team that kicked the season off. just sad. Fire Venerables...his defenses have sucked for years when it counts most. His defense gave up the statue of liberty play to Boise State. his defenses got smoked by WVU.

Guest WyattEarp
I don't think OSU can make up the gap, but yah, BOOMER SOONER and Roll Tide!

hope you're right. I want to see Bama beat LSU and ruin perfection.

Guest Victor9er

Hmmm, did OSU do enough to jump Bama in the voter's eyes? I doubt it, that loss to Iowa St. really hurts them, but we'll see.

I'm a bit torn on the issue.....

On the one side, LSU and Bama are CLEARLY the two best teams in the nation. And I've said this before... I think Bama is the only team in the country that could actually beat LSU and visa versa. They are two evenly matched teams that would likely split 50/50 between 10 games.

BUT... on the other hand Bama had a chance to beat LSU, and they lost... at home no less. Let's say Bama has a good day and ends up winning the NC game against LSU.... does that really make them the best team? Both teams would have only 1 loss, and each loss would have been to each other. Bama's loss was at home, LSU's would be at a neutral site. LSU would also have 1 more win than Bama. Why should Bama get the championship over LSU in that instance?

Also, something about Bama not winning the confrence but being able to win the NC just doesn't "feel" right. I know it's not required, but it still doesn't feel right, not after what LSU has done this season. Out of 13 games, 8 were victories against teams ranked in the top 25, 3 were against teams ranked in the top 3. Every game except for the Bama game was a double digit victory. That's an impressive season, I don't care how much you hate them.

Would OSU stand a chance against LSU? Probably not, but seeing two SEC teams in the NC game... I dunno. I think the final of the OSU game was 44-10 we'll have to see if that's enough to push them back up.

Guest WyattEarp
Hmmm, did OSU do enough to jump Bama in the voter's eyes? I doubt it, that loss to Iowa St. really hurts them, but we'll see.

I'm a bit torn on the issue.....

On the one side, LSU and Bama are CLEARLY the two best teams in the nation. And I've said this before... I think Bama is the only team in the country that could actually beat LSU and visa versa. They are two evenly matched teams that would likely split 50/50 between 10 games.

BUT... on the other hand Bama had a chance to beat LSU, and they lost... at home no less. Let's say Bama has a good day and ends up winning the NC game against LSU.... does that really make them the best team? Both teams would have only 1 loss, and each loss would have been to each other. Bama's loss was at home, LSU's would be at a neutral site. LSU would also have 1 more win than Bama. Why should Bama get the championship over LSU in that instance?

Also, something about Bama not winning the confrence but being able to win the NC just doesn't "feel" right. I know it's not required, but it still doesn't feel right, not after what LSU has done this season. Out of 13 games, 8 were victories against teams ranked in the top 25, 3 were against teams ranked in the top 3. Every game except for the Bama game was a double digit victory. That's an impressive season, I don't care how much you hate them.

Would OSU stand a chance against LSU? Probably not, but seeing two SEC teams in the NC game... I dunno. I think the final of the OSU game was 44-10 we'll have to see if that's enough to push them back up.

Agreed that Bama and LSU are the 2 best teams. hands down, no contest.

I couldn't justify OSU jumping Bama, because of the loss to Iowa State. They barely beat Texas A&M, by 1 point. They beat an overranked OU team, and I'm a big fan, but we're overranked, and not as good as I thought we were earlier in the season.

Ranked team (at the time of the game) OSU has beaten, #14 K-State, #8 Texas A&M, #10 OU, and #22 Texas. that's the only ranked team they've beaten.

Ranked teams (at the time of the game) Alabama has beaten: #23 Penn State, #12 Florida, #24 Auburn and #14 Arkansas

OSU lost to unranked Iowa State. Bama lost to #1 LSU.

The Big 12 is way weaker than the Big 10 this year and definitely weaker than the SEC. Auburn or Arkansas would easily whip any of those Big 12 Teams. Wisconsin vs OSU would be interesting, but I think Wisconsin would win by 14 at least.

On the other hand, OSU won their conference, they won the Big 12, and what sticks out to me is shades of 2003/2004 when Auburn was passed over at 14-0, for Oklahoma who lost their Conference Championship to K-State.

I think it happens again, although Bama didn't play in the SECCG, I just can't justify putting a team that lost to unranked Iowa State in the NCG against a team like LSU. It'd be the equivalent of putting Kansas in there against LSU. they'll get MURDERED.

They have ZERO chance to win this game. They simply can not hang with an LSU or a Bama. I'm not even sure they could hang with Stanford or Oregon, or Wisconsin. Bama and LSU are on a level all their own...all the rest, are pretenders and nowhere close to being able

to compete with these two. Oklahoma State might keep it interesting in the first quarter, and put a quick 7, but once LSU zones in on what they're doing, that'll be the end of it. OK State wouldn't even matchup against Arkansas or Auburn, and would lose to either team.

This will be Oklahoma in 2008 against Florida all over again, but worse for OK State. I'm a Big 12 fan, and I know the conference all too well, and OK State is a pretender much as Oklahoma was in 2008. All offense, some defense, but not good enough to hang with the big boys

or even make it close. OK State doesn't have that experience, that killer instinct, and Big 12 Defense has sucked for years, and still sucks.

if Bama gets in, and beats LSU, it depends on the score, if Bama wallops LSU, then they are the undisputed champ. If it's another close game, and goes down to the wire but Bama holds on, then I think LSU and Bama end up with a split National Championship.

the NC game is now officially a farce.

it's perfect. Well it will be is LSU loses in that game.

maybe it is a step closer to a playoff.

I saw this and thought what the he** does the North Carolina game have to do with anything

Makes me realize what a dumba** I can be at times.

LSU vs BAMA sucks but fair

Okl state vs ?? Stanford :whistle:

Oregon would be good but wont happen

5 & 6 ?

we will know later today who is playing in the NC game. Yep Lak, its not North Carolina,LOL

It would be perfect if Alabama gets in and wins by the same score they lost by earlier.

I don't care about either team, or OSU for that matter so really I don't care who is playing in it. Controversy is all I am looking for now.

[TABLE=class: tablehead]

[TR=class: colhead]

[TD]DATE

[/TD]

[TD]OPPONENT

[/TD]

[TD]RESULT/TIME

[/TD]

[TD]RECORD/TICKETS

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-135]

[TD]Sat, Sept 3

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]1-0 (0-0)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-254]

[TD]Sat, Sept 10

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]2-0 (1-0)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-183]

[TD]Sat, Sept 17

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]3-0 (1-0)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-9]

[TD]Sat, Sept 24

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]3-1 (1-1)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-12]

[TD]Sat, Oct 1

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]4-1 (2-1)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-25]

[TD]Thu, Oct 13

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]5-1 (3-1)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-87]

[TD]Sat, Oct 22

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]6-1 (3-1)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-24]

[TD]Sat, Oct 29

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]6-2 (3-2)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-38]

[TD]Fri, Nov 4

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]7-2 (4-2)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-264]

[TD]Sat, Nov 12

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]8-2 (5-2)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-2483]

[TD]Sat, Nov 19

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]9-2 (6-2)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-26]

[TD]Sat, Nov 26

[/TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]10-2 (7-2)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Where' all the top ten teams or that matter top 25 they beat they lucked up on Oregon

Yes I hate Kiffen

Edited by laktrash
Guest WyattEarp

Tide vs. Tigers for the NC! Jan 9th, 7:30 PM Central Time!

Roll Tide bishes! Saban won't make the same mistakes twice! LSU is going down!

Tide 28

Tigers 24