2011 College Football Season

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Victor9er
you have a biased point of view though. An interest in seeing Alabama get a second chance.

Assuming LSU remains unbeaten they will have to play one more game than Alabama and then prove their previous win. Certainly not fair to them. Then if Alabama wins that rematch they will claim superiority.

If there are numerous other teams sitting at one loss, I am not sure how Alabama can claim to be better than them.

It is a BCS nightmare. Aside from SEC fans, there is not much allure to seeing that game played again. Alabama had their chance on their home field and could not pull it off.

And of course aside from SEC fans , most everyone else wants to see another team win the title game anyway. ;)

I agree completely. If LSU wins out and loses to Bama in the National championship, LSU will have one more win than Bama, they would both have one loss to each other, but Bama'a loss would be at home while LSU's would be at a neutral field (as neutral as New Orleans can be) yet Bama will take the National Championship.

To me, there's just something not right about a team being crowned the best team in the nation (by virtue of voting/polls) and yet by not winning their confrence they aren't even the best team in their own confrence.

Edited by Victor9er

The rest of the country just can't seem to come to terms with the fact the SEC is the best college football conference in the country, and has been for several years. The SEC teams who are numbers 2-5 can outplay and probably beat the all of the number ones from any other conference in the country.

I thought the LSU- Bama game was very boring. I didn't see two great defenses as much as two inept offenses. I'd like to see an offense that can normally score lots of points play either of them. I guess we'll see once Arkansas plays LSU next week

Someone with an explosive offense like Oregon? :eek: They pile up a ton of points - except when they played LSU.

Unfortunately, Oregon blew the opportunity for that rematch last night.

I want AR to upset LSU next week so we have an absolute BCS mess. We need some type of playoff - and the argument that the BCS always gives us the two best teams is really hard to make when so many teams can make legitimate arguments to belong in the top 2.

I thought the LSU- Bama game was very boring. I didn't see two great defenses as much as two inept offenses. I'd like to see an offense that can normally score lots of points play either of them. I guess we'll see once Arkansas plays LSU next week

You also saw that earlier this year when we thumped Arky, 38-14.

Boy did Stanford and USC jump in the AP poll

[TABLE=class: tablehead]

[TR=class: stathead]

[TD=colspan: 5]AP Top 25

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: colhead]

[TD=align: left]RK

[/TD]

[TD=align: left]TEAM

[/TD]

[TD]RECORD

[/TD]

[TD]PTS

[/TD]

[TD]PVS

[/TD]

[TD]1

[/TD]

[TD]LSU (60)

[/TD]

[TD]11-0

[/TD]

[TD]1500

[/TD]

[TD]1

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-333]

[TD]2

[/TD]

[TD]Alabama

[/TD]

[TD]10-1

[/TD]

[TD]1440

[/TD]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-8]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD]Arkansas

[/TD]

[TD]10-1

[/TD]

[TD]1376

[/TD]

[TD]6

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-24]

[TD]4

[/TD]

[TD]Stanford

[/TD]

[TD]10-1

[/TD]

[TD]1224

[/TD]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-197]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD]Oklahoma State

[/TD]

[TD]10-1

[/TD]

[TD]1206

[/TD]

[TD]2

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-259]

[TD]6

[/TD]

[TD]Virginia Tech

[/TD]

[TD]10-1

[/TD]

[TD]1133

[/TD]

[TD]9

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-68]

[TD]7

[/TD]

[TD]Boise State

[/TD]

[TD]9-1

[/TD]

[TD]1025

[/TD]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-248]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[TD]Houston

[/TD]

[TD]11-0

[/TD]

[TD]1018

[/TD]

[TD]11

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-2483]

[TD]9

[/TD]

[TD]Oregon

[/TD]

[TD]9-2

[/TD]

[TD]1008

[/TD]

[TD]4

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-30]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[TD]USC

[/TD]

[TD]9-2

[/TD]

[TD]964

[/TD]

[TD]18

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-127]

[TD]11

[/TD]

[TD]Michigan State

[/TD]

[TD]9-2

[/TD]

[TD]876

[/TD]

[TD]12

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-201]

[TD]12

[/TD]

[TD]Oklahoma

[/TD]

[TD]8-2

[/TD]

[TD]819

[/TD]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-61]

[TD]13

[/TD]

[TD]Georgia

[/TD]

[TD]9-2

[/TD]

[TD]815

[/TD]

[TD]13

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-2579]

[TD]14

[/TD]

[TD]South Carolina

[/TD]

[TD]9-2

[/TD]

[TD]762

[/TD]

[TD]14

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-275]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[TD]Wisconsin

[/TD]

[TD]9-2

[/TD]

[TD]714

[/TD]

[TD]15

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-2306]

[TD]16

[/TD]

[TD]Kansas State

[/TD]

[TD]9-2

[/TD]

[TD]682

[/TD]

[TD]16

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-130]

[TD]17

[/TD]

[TD]Michigan

[/TD]

[TD]9-2

[/TD]

[TD]527

[/TD]

[TD]20

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-228]

[TD]18

[/TD]

[TD]Clemson

[/TD]

[TD]9-2

[/TD]

[TD]515

[/TD]

[TD]7

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-2628]

[TD]19

[/TD]

[TD]TCU

[/TD]

[TD]9-2

[/TD]

[TD]456

[/TD]

[TD]19

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-213]

[TD]20

[/TD]

[TD]Penn State

[/TD]

[TD]9-2

[/TD]

[TD]398

[/TD]

[TD]21

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-239]

[TD]21

[/TD]

[TD]Baylor

[/TD]

[TD]7-3

[/TD]

[TD]383

[/TD]

[TD]25

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-158]

[TD]22

[/TD]

[TD]Nebraska

[/TD]

[TD]8-3

[/TD]

[TD]155

[/TD]

[TD]17

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-87]

[TD]22

[/TD]

[TD]Notre Dame

[/TD]

[TD]8-3

[/TD]

[TD]155

[/TD]

[TD]24

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: evenrow team-23-258]

[TD]24

[/TD]

[TD]Virginia

[/TD]

[TD]8-3

[/TD]

[TD]147

[/TD]

[TD]NR

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: oddrow team-23-59]

[TD]25

[/TD]

[TD]Georgia Tech

[/TD]

[TD]8-3

[/TD]

[TD]77

[/TD]

[TD]NR

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• Dropped from rankings: Southern Miss 22, Florida State 23

• Others receiving votes: West Virginia 37, Tulsa 34, Auburn 28, Southern Miss 12, Rutgers 6, Arkansas State 4, Iowa State 3, Cincinnati 1,

• 

Edited by laktrash
Guest Victor9er

That's what great defenses do though, they make the offenses look inept. Bama has racked up points on everyone they played except LSU. LSU has racked up points on everyone they played except Bama. Hell, LSU could have put 60 on Ole Miss but decided to take a knee at the 1 yard line with 5 minutes to go. Arkansas only put up 14 against Bama.

Look at it this way, remember the 2000 Ravens Superbowl defense? How everyone that played them could barely score 14 points? Remember the 2002 Bucs Superbowl defense? Same thing with them. Now, imagine two teams with those defenses playing each other. (I'm not talking about their offenses now, just the two defenses) Regardless of how well the other teams offense is, they are going to struggle against each other. That's pretty much what you have with LSU and Alabama.

I'm not saying that their offenses are the best in the country, but they are better than what you say from that game, they just couldn't do much against each other's defense.

That's what great defenses do though, they make the offenses look inept. Bama has racked up points on everyone they played except LSU. LSU has racked up points on everyone they played except Bama. Hell, LSU could have put 60 on Ole Miss but decided to take a knee at the 1 yard line with 5 minutes to go. Arkansas only put up 14 against Bama.

Look at it this way, remember the 2000 Ravens Superbowl defense? How everyone that played them could barely score 14 points? Remember the 2002 Bucs Superbowl defense? Same thing with them. Now, imagine two teams with those defenses playing each other. (I'm not talking about their offenses now, just the two defenses) Regardless of how well the other teams offense is, they are going to struggle against each other. That's pretty much what you have with LSU and Alabama.

I'm not saying that their offenses are the best in the country, but they are better than what you say from that game, they just couldn't do much against each other's defense.

Both, AL and LSU have put up just enough points to make it not look like they are running up the score in every game they have played, except the one they played against each other.

Houston got screwed, they are 11-0, they are scoring in the 50's and 60's a lot of games. They have outscored opponents 584-235, and average 53.1 points per game with scoring 73 points in 2 games this year, 63 points, and 56 points in 3 games....but their schedule is weak.....Would be interesting to see how they stack up

Dooley came to a place that had an absolute bare closet. Injuries have made it all the worse.

I think he has to be given two more years to see if he can turn things around. I really don't think any coach could have done any better with what he had when he got here.

The biggest problem UT faces if and when they decide to hire another coach is that no proven coach looks at UT as their dream job. So pretty much anyone you bring in will do a Kiffen and bail out when their dream job comes calling.

Probably best to root for Dooley and hope he turns it around.

Dooley has made some bad decisions this year, quite a few actually as seen from my chair. TN has some talent but it's just not being coordinated or supervised.

He does need more time. I hate to say it but that's the awful truth. When Phil was fired I don't recall seeing the type of coaches TN deserves just dropping everything to come here. Kiffen was a farce and I never even heard of Dooley before he came to UT. He might have a famous daddy but he has a long way to go.

so what coaches does TN deserve? UT is not a Oklahoma, Alabama, Notre Dame , Florida or even (gasp) USC.

Why would Bob Stoops,Brian Kelly or Urban Meyer want to come here?

I always thought we should have seen if Ken Sparks (Carson Newman) could step up to the job, around 2004, when Phil should have been axed. Or long before, since Majors should have been gone long before he was.

- OS