2011 College Football Season

Guest WyattEarp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WyattEarp

I'm here in Knoxville. about 3 hours till I head to Neyland Stadium to get my parking spot, and scout the stadium and zero in my camera before the game starts. :up: Photographing the game for the paper!

I'm here in Knoxville. about 3 hours till I head to Neyland Stadium to get my parking spot, and scout the stadium and zero in my camera before the game starts. :up: Photographing the game for the paper!

Have you got your orange pants on so you can feel the whole experience ? ;)

Hope you enjoy your trip !

Guest WyattEarp

#5 Boise State, and #4 Stanford fall tonight. Oregon put an ass whipping on Stanford.

Oklahoma back in the National Championship hunt! this should move them up #4 or #5. big date with Oklahoma State to finish off the season, that should be an awesome game. With a win over OK State, Sooners win the Big 12, and secure a BCS Bowl bid, possibly a NC Game bid if Arkansas can knock off LSU. It would still be Oklahoma vs Bama as I predicted....lot's of if's though.

This Arkansas vs LSU game to finish off the regular season looks like it could be an exciting one....shades of 2007 of perhaps??? hmmmmm.

Guest lostpass

Alabama already lost on their field, I don't think they should get another shot at the fake title. Oregon as we'll. I think that bama and LSU are probably the two best teams but I've seen that game already. Take care of business bama and this wouldn't be an issue.

Guest WyattEarp
Alabama already lost on their field, I don't think they should get another shot at the fake title. Oregon as we'll. I think that bama and LSU are probably the two best teams but I've seen that game already. Take care of business bama and this wouldn't be an issue.

you're awful presumptive that LSU will beat Arkansas. let's let the games be played, before we start selecting the teams for the BCS championship game.

Guest Victor9er

I was kind of hoping Oaklahoma St could pull that one out and go undefeated, I would have liked to have seen LSU and Les Miles go up against his former team for the championship. Now, looks like we may have chaos, which for me is partly good as I can't stand the BCS/voting system but also bad because I'm an LSU fan lol.

Here's the potential dilemma...

If LSU wins out, and so do the other 1 loss teams, then we're probably looking at a rematch between LSU and Alabama, which we've seen already and having two teams from the same confrence just doesn't seem right, or LSU vs Oregon which we've also seen already, and quite honestly I don't think Oregon can jump over Alabama in the polls because of the way they each lost to LSU. Oaklahoma is probably out completely unless Alabama and Oregon both stumble.

Now, here's the big monkey wrench. Let's say LSU loses to Arkansas at the end of the season while the rest win out. Alabama, Oregon, Oaklahoma and Arkansas will all have a legitimate claim to a spot in the National Championship with only 1 loss each, but yet LSU will be knocked out completely even though they only have 1 loss also. Unless by some miracle the voters determine that a 1 loss LSU team should be ranked higher than both Alabama and Oregon who they both beat head to head. Then maybe LSU falls one spot to number 2 (hey Alabama only dropped one spot when they lost) and Arkansas jumps all the way to number 1. Then we'll get an Arkansas vs LSU rematch!

So much for the "we have a playoff it's called the regular season" argument.

Guest WyattEarp

Oregon loses to USC, and Oklahoma on the ropes to Baylor, but they just scored so it's 38 - 31 Baylor, with 5:30 to go.

Edited by WyattEarp
Guest WyattEarp

so much for that. OK doesn't deserve to play in the BCS Champ Game after this debacle. sadly, if they beat Oklahoma State, they'll still get a BCS Bowl Bid by winning the Big 12 and we don't even deserve that!

If LSU wins out they should not have to play alabama again. It is not right that they have to prove their win.

But the more screwed up the BCS fake title game becomes the better chance that one day there will be an actual playoff.

Personally I think the best team in college football is in Houston.. Certainly if LSU or Alabama played them they would need to scroe more than ten points to win.

Guest Victor9er

You're probably going to see LSU, Alabama, and Arkansas all ranked 1 - 2 - 3. If LSU loses to Arkansas and Bama beats Auburn there will be a three way tie for first place in the SEC West with each team having beat each other. The tie breaker is a little confusing, but one senario I see is LSU may only drop one spot, from 1 to 2. Arkansas jumps to 1 because of their head to head over LSU, Bama stays at three because of their head to head loss at home to LSU.

Then if Arkansas wins the SEC championship, we get an Arkansas/LSU rematch. If Arkansas loses to Georgia we get an LSU/Bama rematch. Of course there's a chance the voters would drop LSU below Bama just because of the timing of their loss, in which case I think Bama would actually win the tie breaker even though they're ranked number 2, and play for the SEC Championship. They win and we get an Arkansas/Bama rematch, they lose and we get an LSU/Arkansas rematch.

But if LSU wins against Arkansas they stay number one, Arkansas drops out of the picture and Bama stays at two with a win. LSU plays Georgia in Atlanta and if they win we get the LSU/Bama rematch that no one wants to see. They lose to Georgia and Bama, despite not winning the SEC, would play for the National Championship against probably either Stanford or Oaklahoma State (welcome back Cowboys!) assuming that they can beat Oaklahoma following a disappointing loss by both teams.

Then there's the chance LSU wins out, and Bama loses to Auburn, which could leap frog Oaklahoma State right back into number 2 if they finish with only one loss. Otherwise we may see Stanford if they can finish with one loss. If LSU beats Arkansas, Bama loses to Auburn followed by LSU losing to Georgia, LSU would still probably end up at number 2 with only 1 loss ahead of a 1 loss Oaklahoma State. But who would jump to number 1? A 1 loss Stanford? Over a 1 loss SEC team? Maybe LSU stays number 1 in that senario? Regardless it looks like Houston is screwed despite finishing undefeated (if they manage it).

Everybody got that? ;)

Playoff? P- PLAYOFF!? Don't talk about playoff! Playoff!?

Making sense of another BCS mess - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

Edited by Victor9er

I never thought for a moment an undefeated Houston team has any chance of playing for a BCS title. The BCS conferences and talking heads are not going to let that happen. At best Houston might get to play in a BCS bowl game.

and if Alabama makes the title game there is precedent for a team playing in it even though they did not play in the leagues championship game.

Just more reason to have some sort of playoff.

If LSU wins out they should not have to play alabama again. It is not right that they have to prove their win.

But the more screwed up the BCS fake title game becomes the better chance that one day there will be an actual playoff.

Personally I think the best team in college football is in Houston.. Certainly if LSU or Alabama played them they would need to scroe more than ten points to win.

It's about the two best teams, nothing more.

Anyone who doesn't believe Bama and LSU are the two best teams in the country hasn't watched much football this year.

you have a biased point of view though. An interest in seeing Alabama get a second chance.

Assuming LSU remains unbeaten they will have to play one more game than Alabama and then prove their previous win. Certainly not fair to them. Then if Alabama wins that rematch they will claim superiority.

If there are numerous other teams sitting at one loss, I am not sure how Alabama can claim to be better than them.

It is a BCS nightmare. Aside from SEC fans, there is not much allure to seeing that game played again. Alabama had their chance on their home field and could not pull it off.

And of course aside from SEC fans , most everyone else wants to see another team win the title game anyway. ;)