Ruger P9

Caster

Why did Ruger quit making this great little rifle? I was looking at my Marlin camp 9 the other day I remembered the Ruger. Then I wondered if they still made it, but alas it is not on their website. With riddance of Bill and his Deals with the devil I'd like to the see the rifle come back. I bet they'd sell. With very few competitors, they'd do well. There's one on gunbroker now for "buy it now" $625! *gasp*

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Ruger is bringing back the Sp101 in .22LR, so maybe one day they'll start turning out some P9's again too. They stopped them because they didn't find an enthusiastic law enforcement community to buy them. The rarity of those remaining make a nice gun an expensive gun.

These days however Ruger seems to be marketing to what civilian shooters want. With the popularity of handgun caliber carbines like the High Point 995, they'll probably find a ready market for new P9's.

Would be nice to see a P9 40 45 with a tactical furniture option.;)

Well, as far as the SP101 in .22 goes...I copied this from their facebook page.

An article on a Ruger SP101 in .22 LR was recently published in the August issue of Guns & Ammo Magazine, which just hit newsstands. This article was inadvertently run, as Ruger is not producing a SP101 in .22 LR at this time. This model is not available for sale at the moment and we are sorry that this article gives that impression. Guns & Ammo accidentally "jumped the gun" and released this story prematurely; we hope to begin shipping this model by August 1, but we'll keep you posted!

Both Ruger and Guns & Ammo Magazine apologize for any confusion.

Be sure to stayed tuned to Ruger.com and our Facebook page for the latest product launch information! When any new product is ready to hit the streets - you'll hear it from US first!

- June 30, 2011