Ever read the fine print at Gander?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty respectable. I wonder if Bass Pro has a policy similar to that?

AFAIK that is the intent of almost all the places like that....just some of them don't go into such detail on their signs. They don't always add the "This does not apply......"

Guess they had one to many questions/complaints about it before....

Definitely easy to understand policy....or should be...lol

Guest 270win

That is nice to be welcoming to those who carry. I think there may be some sort of sign like that about guns brought in for service at the Gander Mtn in Sherwood, Arkansas.

You all seem pretty pleased with the signage at Gander Mountain. I know exactly what that sign says and how to understand it. The problem is I went there 2 weeks ago and the mangager was telling people at the door (including myself) that I had to check in my gun. I was oc as usual. I had already been in the store and went back out to get a rifle in the truck and was bringing back in to check on a scope. The manager again said I had to check my gun and I told her I did not have to because I was not having it worked on. I finally gave in but not before telling the manager they need to revise the sign if the policy had changed and according to the manager the policy did change.

Im not sure if the person was just new to the store and did not understand the sign but the rest of you may want to check into it. Just my 2 cents

Yup, I have carried in there and see others open carry in there.

I have wanted to open carry my Judge in there just because but I rarely take it out of my home unless going to the range and I go to gander a bit less.

Guest Miracle

I was walking into the Gander Mtn. on Vann Drive in Jackson Wednesday, and saw the sign, and almost stopped and turned around to head back to the car to disarm, and then I kept reading. I love it. :-)