Thoughts on my next glock

For summer carry, i lean on the Pf-9. However, i am starting to think about picking up something for winter. I am hung up on either the Glock 38 (.45 G.A.P) and the G32(.357 Sig.) I know very little about the 45GAP so some info on that round would be appreciated. I like the .357 Sig round and the ability to drop in a .40 barrel for cheaper shooting at the range. You guys have any thoughts/comments? I know the G19 would be practical since i typically carry a 9mm but for use in the winter i would like to carry a round that will handle heavy clothing and jackets without a problem. Thanks again for the help

Ben

Also, are the bugs worked out on the Gen4? Are these two available yet in 4th gen?

Edited by Parrothead
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go check out a Glock 36 in .45 acp. I really like mine and it is my EDC. Small and very easy to conceal in summer and winter and shoots really good. I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions, but for the size and caliber, its hard to beat the functionality of that model. Good Luck!

Ben, please tell me why you are considering the G.A.P? The ammo is expensive and hard to find. I'd go with a 10mm long before the GAP.

The gen 4 Glocks are working fine now but I'm not sure if they are offered yet for the models you asked about. I have a Gen 4 26 and a Gen 4 23. If you are a Glock guy then you really need a G19 in your collection. The 9mm would be more than adequate during the winter IMHO.

Maybe the G19 is the direction i need to go. I carried a 26 for a few years before i sold it off to scratch the M&P itch. I liked it--i just want something that i can enjoy at the range. G26 was fine--but not fun. This weapon also doubles as a nightstand gun for my wife--so capacity does mean something to me lol

The Glock 19 is nearly perfect IMO. It holds 15+1 and is still very easy to conceal. On top of that it is accurate, reliable and durable. I would keep your eye on the classified section because they pop up on TGO pretty frequently.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Victor9er

Gen4 Glock 19 owner here also. I'm also very happy with mine. As a first time shooter and new gun owner I have over 300+ rounds through it with zero problems so far. Load that puppy up with some Speer Gold Dots and you've got yourself a winner IMO :D

I saw you were asking about the .45 GAP ammo. From what I've read, the GAP ammo was designed specifically for Glock (it stands for Glock Automatic Pistol) and is basically a .45 ACP round in a shorter cartridge. I think they did that so they could design a smaller sized gun and still call it a .45 caliber.

Since it was designed for Glock, I don't think many other manufacturers have been too keen on making guns that would use that size ammo, so finding it will probably be hard and expensive.

• Administrator
That's only if you plan on missing....;) I had to say it.

Funny, yes. But I hate it when people throw this out there since it downplays the importance of capacity when compared to the insignificance of caliber.

Wolves travel in packs. If all you have are 6 rounds in the magazine and 1 in the pipe, and are shooting the accepted best practice of non-standard response (3-4 rounds per target) what are going to do when wolves #3 and #4 join the fight?

At best, waste precious seconds reloading? At worse, fumble the reload?

Throw the empty mag at them?

Wish you had more rounds?

Die?