Who has a desert 44?

Ramjo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils
Now that is a novel idea. Btw Lester, is that your loyal dog? He looks quite happy :)

Hi Ramjo. I haven't looked at the DE website since last year, but they had "combo kits" listed at that time with different choices of caliber slides, mags, etc. Also extra slides and mags you can get. I think that is with the "most recent" rev of the DE. Rather than the "classic" DE, but could be remembering wrong.

The hound in the picture is mine. He is an old man but dunno how old he is. I got him from a coon hound rescue operation who said he was found fending for himself in a rural area, so possibly he got lost on a hunt. I don't hunt, but he appears to have the talent for sniffing down critters and barking up a tree.

Also have a young black'n'white rescue hound claimed to be a Treeing Walker, but I only see a few black'n'white Treeing Walkers on internet pictures. Maybe he is. Dunno anything about it.

The man who bought the young feller (but couldn't handle the dog's hyperactivity) claimed the young hound is descended from champions. Sometime I'd like to go find the seller and see if my dog's relatives are as goofy as my dog. He is fast and aggressive though. Looks like he could chase a coon with the best of them, but it might be difficult to get him to come back afterwards. He mostly does what he pleases and "come here" is an optional command meaning "eventually come back when I don't have anything more interesting to do."

Guest Keinengel

The "made in Israel" Desert eagle are MKVII which have caliber specific frames. The "Made in the US" DEs are the MKXIX which have one frame for .357/.44/.440/.50 and you can change caliber by simply swapping barrels and mags. the easiest way to tell them apart is by the fact that the new ones (MK XIX) have a rail built into the barrel and the older ones simply have a ridge.

Prince range on a MK VII is usually between 950-1200 depending on condition, caliber and finish. MK XIXs go for anywhere from 1200-1800. Blued models are going to be the cheapest and most common with stainless models being slighty rarer and more expensive. Expect to pay a premium price for the Gold and "tiger stripe" variations however.

If you want my 2C, there isn't much, if any, reason to go with a newer one over the old model. They look, perform and handle almost exactly the same and there is a pretty heft price difference between the two. The Israelis make as fine a gun as we do quite frankly.

Don't forget they also made the MK I. I think it came first . I don't know if their more collectable or not. I think the safety and top of barrel was a little different.

No I believe the slide release is different not the barrel top. The barrel difference is between the MKVII and the MKXIX. I think the top is wider on the MKXIX

Edited by laktrash
Yeah I would like to have a .44 from Israel in blued finish.
If you find yourself down this way I would let you try mine if you buy the ammo. I know its made by IMI but not which exact generation it is, got it in the late 90s whatever that means. It may be a mark 1, for all I know, they all look alike. The mixed caliber sets are pricy but still available. My next DE may be a 30-30 revolver... sorely tempted by that...