ebay-aholic.. Compensation??

Guest NashvegasMatt

Guest NashvegasMatt

I'm on ebay as usual tonight, when I come across a part called a compensator for my 1911. Never heard of one, or even anyone talk about one. I can see that it swaps for your factory bushing, but what's the point? In big words it says.. PERFECT FIT, but no where does it say a purpose, I found a few others, and no one says what purpose they serve. I'm pretty good at with GOOGLE, but I am at a loss. Anyone have experience with one, or can at least tell me their take on the benefits/drawbacks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never used one but some say they help. Personally I can't see how it does with such a larger opening.

If I wanted a compensator on my 1911 I would get the barrel mounted one where only the bullet passes through it. The tighter tolerance helps the compesator work better.

The type you are talking about is large enough for the OD of the barrel to come through the opening. This extra clearance can't help tame the recoil or at least not much.

To me the type you are talking about is nothing more than eye candy or range bling.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

I have a Springfield Armory Ultra compact 45 that has it built in and it makes a difference. There is the same amount of recoil the muzzle just doesn't flip up as much.

In low light shooting, expect to see more muzzel flash with the gasses being projected upward.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.