Help! Glock Armorer.Need six part upgrade.

Guest ROCK

Guest ROCK

I recently purchased a g17 made in 1988 w a two letter serial#.I have learned that there was an "upgrade"on these models.This gun has been a safe queen,so no upgrade done.Could you give me more info on what needs to be done to make the gun safe.Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can remember the guns with the two digit s/n had a firing pin upgrade. I believe it was shaped differently to avoid crud getting in the channel and the pin locking up. I think the problem was that it would prevent it from firing...not the opposite.

You would very likely be able to contact the folks in Smyrna and send them just the slide for the upgrade. You can check yourself if you know the takedown procedure and compare it to a pic of a new pin...new one has more machining done to it.

Guest ROCK

The gun shoots fine.As long as it is safe i have no problem.I just read a horror story about those models slam firing.It may have been the G19 only,I'm not sure.

The parts that were upgraded in 1992 were the Extractor, Spring Loaded Bearing, Trigger Bar, Striker, Firing Pin Safety and Firing Pin Safety Spring. You can field strip the pistol to make sure it was not upgraded. The original parts were black, the new parts are silver. If it has not been upgraded:

1) You can send it to Glock. They will check everything and replace any parts that need to be replaced, including magazines or magazine springs, for FREE.

2) Or you can order the parts yourself, for about $80.00, and replace them yourself.

3) Or you can take the pistol to a Glock Armorer. They can order the parts for you for free and replace for little or no charge.

I have heard of safety issues with the old parts and I doubt Glock would have replaced the parts in approximately 500,000 pistols if there was not an issue.

Guest Big-A

On the 45s they had the 90 degree ejection port .Glock mills em to 15 degree because you cant buy a replacement extracter without the upgrade. Be ready for 6 months or better to get it back my will be at glock 6 months in a week . They told me turn around time was 6 to 8 weeks which is BS of course. Good luck AL