Kar98k Mauser?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i collect k98's so as long as the head space is good it does not matter if they match.most of the russiac capture rifles can be found easy,widners in johnson city has themfor $325.i have checked many mausers over the years and have only found a few that the head space was bad enough not to shoot ,with the russian captured k98's that has all ready been done at some point by the russians.8mm ammo is still cheap around $200-$250 for a case .if you do find one that has matching numbers expect to pay around $800 and up.

i collect k98's so as long as the head space is good it does not matter if they match.most of the russiac capture rifles can be found easy,widners in johnson city has themfor $325.i have checked many mausers over the years and have only found a few that the head space was bad enough not to shoot ,with the russian captured k98's that has all ready been done at some point by the russians.8mm ammo is still cheap around $200-$250 for a case .if you do find one that has matching numbers expect to pay around $800 and up.
thanks for the info

Mausers are simply some of the best bolt action firearms ever made, period. There is a lot to know about them to determine the price but you can get a good shooter for a lowish price, 200-500 depending on what has been done to it. Mismatched guns (built from parts to be sold to the public) are usually cheap yet still shoot well, while a matched gun or one that has a military history and documents are worth a ton. Some of them are sniper models and are worth more but more accurate. Bubba guns can be had for $100 or so at times, these have been butchered to make them into hunting rifles and vary from chop jobs to pro -- ruined for collector value but also usually good shooters. Some of the chop job guns have had the caliber changed so you have to check that to be sure what the gun actually shoots.

If you were closer I would let you try my 1909, its the fore-runner of the k98 and truly a work of art.

if you don't trade the cz82 for a pistol i have a czech 98/22 mauser in vg shape matching but the bolt i might be willing to trade toward it and the ammo. gun shoot good and is in either the first 10000 block or the second batch. germans and czechs started the sn over again when they got to 10,000 but added a letter to the sn to keep up with it.