My new toy

Raoul

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting a taste of that Kool Aid myself. Since I've never even tried it, I have no idea what flavor I'd even like.

How'd you come to decide on a Remington?

Awesome looking gun, BTW

Guest DELETED

I think that is a mighty fine pistol you've got there! I like that the slide notches are already cut for when you want to (and you will want to) install night sights.

I've been wanting a taste of that Kool Aid myself. Since I've never even tried it, I have no idea what flavor I'd even like.

How'd you come to decide on a Remington?

Awesome looking gun, BTW

Thanks

I shot several flavors of 1911 belonging to friends, including the R1. I found the fit and finish on the remington to be very good for the price. Also I'm sure I'll start adding things to this gun, and once again the Remington looked like a bargain.

Match grade barrel, nice trigger, and nice sights for old eyes.

Edited by Raoul
Thanks

I shot several flavors of 1911 belonging to friends, including the R1. I found the fit and finish on the remington to be very good for the price. Also I'm sure I'll start adding things to this gun, and once again the Remington looked like a bargain.

Match grade barrel, nice trigger, and nice sights for old eyes.

I've been debating w/ myself over getting an R1 or a Ruger SR1911, so I appreciate the input. They're both in my budget range and I like them a bit better than a RIA, even though RIA is cheaper by far. Can't wait to hear a range report too.

Congrats on a nice pistol. I hope the saleperson warned you, the 1911 is highly addictive. Soon you will want another 1911 and will need reloading equipment. :rofl:

I've got the reloading equipment and I am already thinking about loads. As for the addiction, well a commander size would be nice. Anybody wanna trade om .40 for .45...lol

I promised a range report. Took the Remington out yesterday. I put a box of 100 WWB 230gr through it with not a single hiccup. Here's a pic of the last few mags I shot. Sorry about the cellphone pic.

45.jpg

I promised a range report. Took the Remington out yesterday. I put a box of 100 WWB 230gr through it with not a single hiccup. Here's a pic of the last few mags I shot. Sorry about the cellphone pic.

Based on what I am seeing, I don't think you need a match grade barrel or a new trigger. You seem to be doing fine without them.

Based on what I am seeing, I don't think you need a match grade barrel or a new trigger. You seem to be doing fine without them.

You're kind. That was at 12 yards.

SWEEEEET!

To bad AR mags dont fit LOL

Nice Target also

I'm working on that. It's not like I don't have plenty to practice on...lol.