best value pocket carry pistol

sam

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a M&P 340 revolver that is great for pocket carry at 13.3 ounces but over your budget. It will shoot .357 and comes with night sights. I first started with a 642, but it was too heavy as far as I was concerned for pocket carry that is.

I have tried a PM9 16 ounces (still have it). Kahr now has a CW9 I think, 9mm in a budget version. My favorite is a Seecamp .380, again out of the budget but proved to me that I'm not pocket carrying anything over 13 ounces. Just me, anything else feels like brick and I have enough crap to carry now as it is.

Lighter yet is the Ruger LCP, I'm thinking about getting one with a CT grip even though I already have some other pocket guns.

You could also break the bank and look at a Rohrbaugh 9 or the new Kimber, both about the same size.

You may also consider the Walther PPS, but it was again too heavy for my liking.

The SIG....SA IIRC and supposedly should be carried cocked and locked and has a safety, who needs that for a pocket gun?? These things are to be easily and quickly accessed and used. You aren't going to have time to rack a slide and take off the safety and then put the gun into action.

Makes about as much sense as a pump shotgun w/o a round in the chamber.

http://mouseguns.com/semis.htm

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=558765

This is an outstanding reference for small pistols.

Edited by DAdams

I obviously highly recommend the Ruger LCP.

DAdams, I noticed that you referenced mouseguns.com (a great resource site for all shooting enthusiasts). However, it looks like mouseguns.com will be going the way of the dinosaur. Based on the latest message on the site, the site administrator (I believe it is Mousegunner - a TGO member) has cancer and will no longer be able to keep the site running. That's a shame. I have really enjoyed the site and looked forward to his reviews and observations. I hope he is able to get through his illness.