How Do I get the Chambered Round out???

Guest TNDixieGirl

Guest TNDixieGirl

In my Sigma, all I had to do was rack the slide and it shot the chambered round out. Not so with this Kahr. What do I do to get it out of the chamber?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not a good sign! The extractor should grip the case-rim and pull it out. If the case is staying in the chamber, then something isn't working properly.

I'd lock the slide back (if possible), and use a cleaning rod to push the cartridge out... I'm not sure I'd try to shoot the gun if the extractor isn't working properly, but that might be another way to get it out.

Guest TNDixieGirl

Ok, I got it. I wasn't pulling back far enough on the slide. Once I gave it some real muscle, it worked just like the Sigma did.

Guest canynracer

NOTE: The Kahr break in period SUCKS!!!! they say 250 rds, it took me bout 350 to feel comfortable that it would work every time, I have no doubt in my mind now, but yeah, the first 250...failure to feed, and such...dont give up, its worth it...

Guest TNDixieGirl
Whew! Ya' had me worried about your new pistol there for a minute...

Me too!!!

It just needed a li'l man-handling...lol

I've only shot about 130 rounds through it so far, and no hiccups yet. I'm going back to run another 100 or so through it Friday night.

Guest m4coyote

The owners manual for my Kahr Pm9 suggested a 200 round break in period. I learned from others that have and use Kahr pistols that much of that break in time could be shortened by first cleaning the gun, re-lubing it, then manually cycling the slide a few hundred times. After a few hundred slide cycles, tear it apart, clean out the plastic shavings, re-lube it, then go shoot it.

The trigger on a Kahr pistol is different than most other makes, and all the manual slide cycles helped me to become quite familiar with the trigger pull. My Kahr PM9 has digested over 800 rounds now, and only had one malfunction at round 175. The slide did not fully return to battery, and a simple nudge with my left hand was all that it took to make the pistol go bang.

I hope you will like your CW9 as much as I like my PM9!

Guest m4coyote

Yes, the slide to frame fit on Kahr pistols is very tight. That is why Kahr recommends firing two hundred rounds before the pistol is considered dependable and broken in.

My Glocks have a much looser slide to frame fit than my Kahr PM9, and have been "loose" out of the box. The PM9 was extremely tight when new, and required some use before loosening up a little bit. Even though my PM9 has now digested over 800 rounds, it was, and still is tighter than my brand new Glock 19.

For a pistol which is designed to be carried, and not have thousands of rounds fired through as a range-gun, polymer rails are acceptable... But it is preferable to have replaceable metal rails on a gun which is intended to be fired a great deal. I've never seen polymer rails truly wear out though... I think Glocks have all polymer rails, and the XDs rear rails are polymer. They just get a bit looser over time, but not appreciably so once the gun is broken in.

Don't the Moonies own Kahr Arms??:rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kahr_Arms

Kahr Arms is an American small arms manufacturer founded by Kook Jin "Justin" Moon (son of Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon), who currently serves as CEO and President. It is owned by the Saeilo Corporation (pronounced say-low), a subsidiary of the Unification Church International holding company

For a pistol which is designed to be carried, and not have thousands of rounds fired through as a range-gun, polymer rails are acceptable... But it is preferable to have replaceable metal rails on a gun which is intended to be fired a great deal. I've never seen polymer rails truly wear out though... I think Glocks have all polymer rails, and the XDs rear rails are polymer. They just get a bit looser over time, but not appreciably so once the gun is broken in.

I knew this sounded familiar. I went over this on another board some time ago.

http://www.kahr.com/PA-1B/review_cch2006.html

The Kahr slide travels on four steel inserts or rails, two of which are inside the frame's dust cover, with the rear two at the extreme top back portion of the frame.

In short, it should be like the Glock or USP (although the USP rails are much heftier than the other guns).

But there really shouldn't be plastic shavings.

None have plastic rails, although it apparently (?) looks that way on the Kahr?

I don't have a Kahr. I won't have one with the Moonie connection.

Approved list:

Bunch of folks including

Ruger - Since Bill is fortunately dead

S&W - Since they were sold to an Arizona group

Un-approved list:

Kahr - Because they are Moonie controlled

Auto-Ordnance - Ditto

Bushmaster - Since they settled the DC sniper suit instead of fighting it - Screw 'em

Edited by Marswolf
You forgot Glock.

I know, you used to own one and still think some are fine weapons just not for personal carry choice.

Hell no I don't still own one. I learn from my mistakes. I don't own Lorcins either (not that I ever owned one of those). I was just mentioning the ones I won't buy for political reasons. I didn't list the ones I won't buy because I don't want them blowing up on me. :P

Did I mention that Glocks are sorta OK for LEOs but crap for anyone else? :cheers:

Guest TNDixieGirl

Did I mention that Glocks are sorta OK for LEOs but crap for anyone else? :cheers:

LMAO....I don't think you've ever voiced that opinion Mars. :P