My "main" hobby (many pictures included)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laktrash - is it a 350ci? 4spd?

Auto 400 turbo with a vega convertor. This from the 70's cheap way to get a higher stall convertor back then. Really wished I had something else now. Motor .30 over balanced ,small roller cam, aluminum intake, holley , underdrive pulleys, msd etc. Every thing been repaced gas tank, radiator ,suspension, interior.etc. Drive line problems and just lost interest for time being.

vette007.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

vette009.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

looks kinda ratty now needs to be cleaned up carpet matches better in real life

Edited by laktrash
I had a 1969 Corvette. Original 427/4spd. It had 4.11's and a close ration muncey. Very, very rare car becasue of options or it was until the original owner drove it down to the dealership. He had them install one of the new 454's a year after he bought it. He thought the 454 was a better motor.

1977 T/A with a monster of a motor. It was the fastest I had ever been with me driving. I did 155 MPH in that car. It was straight but needed some cosmetic work.

Dolomite

I wanted a small block auto back then Passed on a 66 big block 4-speed to remember a few. I wished I had that to do over again

Saw 157 on the speedo one time On I-40/I-75 going out of town toward papermill. Not trying to "one up on you" just remember the exact speed and how light the car felt. Probably didn't know how close I was to major screw up

Guest UberDuper

It's not much for speed, but I love my honda S2000. Someday when I can't think of anything better to spend money on, I'll put a SC on it.

Guest Moody

I love threads like this, as cars are my first love, as well. I'll put some newer pictures up of my two loves - an import car and it's domestic counterpart, tomorrow when I'm at my work PC. Thanks for sharing, you all.

Guest drv2fst

I like Porsche 911 Turbo's. I've had an 1985, 1986, 1992, and a 1994. All black except the 1992 which was silver. The 1985, I had modified to 505 hp measured at the wheels. I had the transmission modified too. It was REALLY fast. If you gave it the gas at 80mph it would spin both rear wheels. It weighed about 2700 lbs.

I got out of the habit after flipping the 1992 several times. :screwy:

I will post import pictures, since no one else will.

desktop.jpg

This is 'Chaos' and please for the love of god do not ask how much money I have invested in her.

I have more invested in her suspension than I paid for her. Her tires are nearly twice as wide as factory, and as mentioned earlier, there is nothing factory (minus seats, dash etc...) left on her the way Toyota intended.

Engine swap, transmission swap, custom intake, exhaust... The list goes on. Sure, she makes a quarter the horsepower of my New Yorker, but she gets four times the mileage, and can take a curve at four times the speed.

I will have to dig to find a picture of 'Socrates' my aforementioned `67 New Yorker.

I like Porsche 911 Turbo's. I've had an 1985, 1986, 1992, and a 1994. All black except the 1992 which was silver. The 1985, I had modified to 505 hp measured at the wheels. I had the transmission modified too. It was REALLY fast. If you gave it the gas at 80mph it would spin both rear wheels. It weighed about 2700 lbs.

I got out of the habit after flipping the 1992 several times. :screwy:

My favorite two Porsches;

1. 993 Turbo (I will own one)

2. 994 Widebody with a LSX

I will post import pictures, since no one else will.

desktop.jpg

This is 'Chaos' and please for the love of god do not ask how much money I have invested in her.

I have more invested in her suspension than I paid for her. Her tires are nearly twice as wide as factory, and as mentioned earlier, there is nothing factory (minus seats, dash etc...) left on her the way Toyota intended.

Engine swap, transmission swap, custom intake, exhaust... The list goes on. Sure, she makes a quarter the horsepower of my New Yorker, but she gets four times the mileage, and can take a curve at four times the speed.

I will have to dig to find a picture of 'Socrates' my aforementioned `67 New Yorker.

I'll join you with my two previous imports;

1. 2005 G35 Auto Sports package (the s52 M roadster isn't mine nor the 350z)

billyanddustin.jpg

billyanddustin2.jpg

VQlineupresize.jpg

VQlineup2resize.jpg

smallestmandg-1.jpg

P1010449.jpg

P1010444.jpg

varsityapril06189.jpg

varsityapril06188.jpg

smwide.jpg

resize_one15.jpg

Mods: Z-tube, jwt pop charger, clear corners, tinted taillights, black diffuser

2. 2002 RSX-S

acura6.jpg

acura7.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Bought it with these ricey wheels then put some stockers back on

rsxs2.jpg

rsx.jpg

Mods: Tein lowering springs, straight piped, ebay intake.

Before the 2009 Z51 6Spd Corvette I had 2007 6auto Z51 Corvette

billysC6copy.jpg

asrequestedvette.jpg

7777.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

Targa1.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

Mods: (Second to last picture shows all mods except for the taillights) Black B-pillar, Tinted taillights, lowering bolts, Z06 wheels.

Sorry for all the pictures but I'm pretty passionate about cars. Glad to see there is a good amount of car guys here! Great thread thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

P.S. Murgatory Show more pics of the Yota!

P.S.S. Projectdexter that looks like a viii from the back but an ix from the back more details please...

Edited by ls3_kid
What has been your fastest car in the 1/4 so far? Love the 350Z BTW

The timeslip I posted in the first post. That 350z was awesome and my friend put a single exhaust on it, JIC Magic I believe. I really want to go up to thunder valley and try my luck there. Commerce in Georgia is a pretty crappy track and I turned those times. So to answer your question the LS3 09 Corvette

Here are a few more pictures of the blue 350z

Blue350resize.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

Edited by ls3_kid

P.S.S. Projectdexter that looks like a viii from the back but an ix from the back more details please...

The Black and Grey are 9s, the Blue is an 8. The Black one is mine obviously, thinking about picking up the grey one from my buddy who sent it off to AMS for a full build and now doesn't want it. The blue 8 is custom built, puts down around 700 wheel.

Edited by ProjectDexter

I think it is kinda funny though, the ricy wheels you got rid of I am currently using on Chaos. I got them with rubber off of CL for $200, can't beat sharing a lug pattern with the Honda boys.

They would not of been so bad if they weren't GOLD lol. I can't recall the model but I think they are "drag" wheels?

The Black and Grey are 9s, the Blue is an 8. The Black one is mine obviously, thinking about picking up the grey one from my buddy who sent it off to AMS for a full build and now doesn't want it. The blue 8 is custom built, puts down around 700 wheel.

AMS does some amazing stuff, is it a GT35R?

They would not of been so bad if they weren't GOLD lol. I can't recall the model but I think they are "drag" wheels?

AMS does some amazing stuff, is it a GT35R?

The blue one is, the grey one is a 42r that put down a freakish 945 to the wheels on AMS's dyno

Mine is still on the stock turbo! lol I put down 400 wheel on "good gas" probably around 390 on tennessee shell 93 octane, runs high 11's

The blue one is, the grey one is a 42r that put down a freakish 945 to the wheels on AMS's dyno

Mine is still on the stock turbo! lol I put down 400 wheel on "good gas" probably around 390 on tennessee shell 93 octane, runs high 11's

Damn 42r is pretty big dick.

You must have cams to be putting down 400awhp, 272 cam gears? Meth?

yea 272 kelford cams, lots of buschur parts, piping,intercooler, ported manifolds/housings ect. No Meth.

Dyno'd it on 94 sunoco when I lived in ohio, once I moved back to the home land down here my tuner tuned my on 93 shell and I didn't dyno again but I can feel a slight power loss in the fuels, plus I think that ohio probably has a higher ethanol content.

yea 272 kelford cams, lots of buschur parts, piping,intercooler, ported manifolds/housings ect. No Meth.

Dyno'd it on 94 sunoco when I lived in ohio, once I moved back to the home land down here my tuner tuned my on 93 shell and I didn't dyno again but I can feel a slight power loss in the fuels, plus I think that ohio probably has a higher ethanol content.

Those numbers seem really good to me for just basically bolt-ons/cam/tune! Might be just average numbers but you would know better than me.

Those numbers seem really good to me for just basically bolt-ons/cam/tune! Might be just average numbers but you would know better than me.

They are ok numbers, I've done all I can do without changing internals or porting the turbo. I'll never use meth. Of course the 9 turbo is different than the 8s so they usually get a little more power out of them. I've seen cars put down 450-460 without meth, mine probably would have it I would have put it on E-85, Evos love corn.

If I hadn't been living in ohio I would probably be driving a vet right now, ohio winters are not friendly to rwd cars lol. Thats a sweet vet.

Guest mustangdave

Man is that a lot of BOW TIE testosterone here...what can I say though, the Corvette is the shizzz...and its fairly affordable too...and "good" on gas. I own a 2003 ROUSH Mustangaround here

Guest mustangdave

Man is that a lot of BOW TIE testosterone here...what can I say though, the Corvette is the shizzz...and its fairly affordable too...and "good" on gas. I own a 2003 ROUSH Mustang

Man is that a lot of BOW TIE testosterone here...what can I say though, the Corvette is the shizzz...and its fairly affordable too...and "good" on gas. I own a 2003 ROUSH Mustang

Hahaha I think there was one MOPAR in there. Ironically I worked at a Ford dealership for 3 years...

What stage ROUSH?

Edited by ls3_kid