Anyone Carry Multiple Firearms?

Guest Jon

Guest 270win

I may have a mag loaded shotgun or rifle when I go to the range or woods in my vehicle. Of course when I hunt I am usually carrying a long gun with some sort of handgun that may or may not be legal for the game I am hunting.

Other than that, usually just my little five shot 38 snub (hammerless S&W Airweight and a bonus to it I had an action/trigger job done by S&W!) in my pocket or ankle for day to day. I figure I am much better armed with this set up than any crook. I will usually have a speed strip when I go on the open highway traveling.

To bad I can't hide an older K frame 4 inch on me that has had the action slicked up, because those are overlooked by many modern day people as good self defense tools. The old timers could really make those work extremely fast.

Edited by 270win
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hillbilly Dan

I carry my Sig 1911C3 on my right hip and my S&W Bodyguard 380 in my left front pocket. Daily.

Hillbilly Dan

Life Member NRA

Guest Ugrey

Evan Marshall, the gunwriter and former Detroit detective, carried 3 pistols routinely. I think he carried a full sized 9mm at 4 O'clock, a smaller 9mm, or .38, on his ankle and a .380 in his left rear pocket. He said he did this because he had seen the things human beings do to each other. Are the Christian- Newsom trials in Knoxville all ended yet? I think you all get my point.

Guest 808-South

When my HCP come in the mail. I'll be carrying my Taurus p917c 20 +1. And another back up clip of 20. And my S&W 642 airwieght in my pocket.

When my HCP come in the mail. I'll be carrying my Taurus p917c 20 +1. And another back up clip of 20. And my S&W 642 airwieght in my pocket.

Heh, don't be surprised if after the first year or so you find yourself carrying just the 642 (maybe with a speed strip) a lot of the time - particularly in the summer months. Now, I'm not saying that one can or can't, should or shouldn't carry the entire setup year round. I'm just saying don't be surprised if you don't.

When I was a cop in the USAF and armed with a sidearm, we carried the Beretta 9mm, loaded and chambered, plus an extra magaizine of ammo, total of 30 rounds, which was an improvement over the 18 rounds of .38 Special that we carried in our revolvers before they were replaced with the M-9s. No BUGs were allowed, and I don't know of anyone that carried one. But then backup officers were only a few minutes away, if that, in most cases, and more with heavier firepower than sidearms were also able to respond to a scene in minutes.

Now, as a civilian (man I HATE describing myself that way, lol) I am in a dfferent situation. NO backup can be counted on to help me until after the crisis is over, when local PD may respond. And although I have high confidence in my guns that I carry, I also realize that they can fail. So for me, a BUG is not just for more ammo, but also in case of failure of primary, or if someone gets close enough to take away my primary. It's been done to me before in drills, by people who were either stronger or better trained that I, so I realize it could happen as well in real life. Paranoid? Maybe, but just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that someone isn't really out to get you.

Guest 808-South
Heh, don't be surprised if after the first year or so you find yourself carrying just the 642 (maybe with a speed strip) a lot of the time - particularly in the summer months. Now, I'm not saying that one can or can't, should or shouldn't carry the entire setup year round. I'm just saying don't be surprised if you don't.
True ^^^^
Guest bkelm18

Generally I only carry one firearm and no extra mag. When hiking, in addition to the gun on my hip I'll carry another mag and if I'm feeling zesty I'll throw my 442 in the pack.

Guest bkelm18
DUDE! If you're carrying a 442 in your pack, you don't need a gun at all. You're more man than any gun out there.:D

1971Oldsmobile442.jpg

Oh how I wish. :D

I carry a 357 revolver IWB, a 38sp revolver on the ankle and tuff strip for 38sp reload in pocket. This is the usual set up when out of town or with my family. Short trips around town its just pocket carry with the LCR.

• 3 weeks later...