Anyone Carry Multiple Firearms?

Guest Jon

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to carry XDsc .40 Iwb, with Kahr P380 in my pocket as a BUG. Now I just carry my XD.45c loaded up w/14rds and a spare mag of 10. If I can't take care of it with 24 rounds of Golden Sabres, it probably dosen't need to be delt with. I have came to the realization that I am more prepared to deal with a life or death situation than 99% of those around me. If Murphy calls after all my efforts, then it must be my time to go.

Edited by adamween

Sometimes in the winter months I'll slip my Ruger LCR into a coat pocket in addition to whatever Glock I'm carrying.

When I went to Detroit over Christmas I carried 2 guns and 35 rounds of ammo. At one point my GF's Grandma offered to take my coat for me. After picking it up to hang over a chair she said "Good lord your coat is heavy". I couldn't help but laugh.

Guest Broomhead

I have an NAA Mini in .22lr that goes in my strong side front pocket. More for when I feel the need for deeper concealment than as a back-up. As I have lost weight, 144lbs so far, my Kel-Tec P-11 in a Fobus has become freaking huge on my hip. My shirt covers it, but it prints pretty noticeably. No one has noticed, stared, or said anything about it though.

Guest friesepferd
I have an NAA Mini in .22lr that goes in my strong side front pocket. More for when I feel the need for deeper concealment than as a back-up. As I have lost weight, 144lbs so far, my Kel-Tec P-11 in a Fobus has become freaking huge on my hip. My shirt covers it, but it prints pretty noticeably. No one has noticed, stared, or said anything about it though.

which fobus holster? If you have trouble concielding a P-11, you are doing something wrong. You need a good IWB that will really suck it into your size, that or dont wear those skin tight shirts.

I'm 5'9 and weight 120lb and I can easily conceal XDm compact, which has got to be like 3 times bigger than the P-11

Guest nysos

Right now just 1 at a time, looking for a pocket 9 or 380 for a bug but haven't found the right one yet for me. For now I generally carry my m&p40c iwb +1 mag in a pocket.

Guest Broomhead
which fobus holster? If you have trouble concielding a P-11, you are doing something wrong. You need a good IWB that will really suck it into your size, that or dont wear those skin tight shirts.

I'm 5'9 and weight 120lb and I can easily conceal XDm compact, which has got to be like 3 times bigger than the P-11

I'll admit that I do need to go holster shopping. I'm not a big fan of IWB though. If I use an IWB I usually want to carry at 6 o'clockish, which kills my back. I do have the pocket clip thingy on my P-11 which helps with deep concealment if I feel that the NAA won't cut it. I just Mexican Carry with the pocket clip. usually only for short periods.

Guest friesepferd
I'll admit that I do need to go holster shopping. I'm not a big fan of IWB though. If I use an IWB I usually want to carry at 6 o'clockish, which kills my back. I do have the pocket clip thingy on my P-11 which helps with deep concealment if I feel that the NAA won't cut it. I just Mexican Carry with the pocket clip. usually only for short periods.

May I ask what you don't like about IWB?

I strongly suggest not carrying in the small of your back. Most people find IWB at 3-4 oclock to be quite comfortable. Especially if you have one with good leather on the skin (either all leather, or a leather-kydex combo).

Personally, I also think that a little pocket clip, especially on that type of a gun is a bad idea. You need something which covers the trigger!

Either pocket carry WITH a pocket carry holster, or use a IWB holster. Get the right one and you will find that it is both very comfortable and very concealable, not to mention a lot safer.

In warm weather either a 2" 357 Taurus or a S&W airweight snubie in the RF pocket then a Keltec P3AT in the LR . Both wit pocket holsters. Cool weather I usually carry three. The snubbie and keltec then either a Colt Officer's model 1911, a S&W mod 21 or the 357 in pancakes or shoulder rig.

Only when I go to Nashville (or other large metropolis)

My back up consists of a zippered case, M-4, 5 Pmags w/ 75g HPBT all resting behind the seat of the Toyota.

Other than that, my every day carry pistol is sufficient.

Guest Broomhead
May I ask what you don't like about IWB?

I strongly suggest not carrying in the small of your back. Most people find IWB at 3-4 oclock to be quite comfortable. Especially if you have one with good leather on the skin (either all leather, or a leather-kydex combo).

Personally, I also think that a little pocket clip, especially on that type of a gun is a bad idea. You need something which covers the trigger!

Either pocket carry WITH a pocket carry holster, or use a IWB holster. Get the right one and you will find that it is both very comfortable and very concealable, not to mention a lot safer.

I can't carry IWB comfortably in the 3:00-5:30 range due to an implanted medical device in that same area. Regardless of what is between the implant/my skin and the pistol, it is still a hard object up putting pressure on a hard surface with a layer of skin between the two. Trust me, if had had a choice at the time, I would have picked a different location for the implant. Alas, I didn't have a choice and I'm stuck with it until I decide whether it will be beneficial to me now that I have lost a lot of weight.

That leaves IWB options of carrying cross-draw (no thank you, too slow), small of back (I have a spinal fusion at S1-L5, carrying there just plain hurts), or carrying around 12:00-2:30ish (occasionally uncomfortable when I sit, I usually only carry there for short periods of time, >1hour). I would usually agree with on the need to cover the trigger, but with the very long, very heavy double action trigger on my P-11, I don't see any way for the trigger to be pulled to make the gun go off, the pull weight is definitely at or over 10 pounds.

Guest friesepferd
I can't carry IWB comfortably in the 3:00-5:30 range due to an implanted medical device in that same area. Regardless of what is between the implant/my skin and the pistol, it is still a hard object up putting pressure on a hard surface with a layer of skin between the two. Trust me, if had had a choice at the time, I would have picked a different location for the implant. Alas, I didn't have a choice and I'm stuck with it until I decide whether it will be beneficial to me now that I have lost a lot of weight.

That leaves IWB options of carrying cross-draw (no thank you, too slow), small of back (I have a spinal fusion at S1-L5, carrying there just plain hurts), or carrying around 12:00-2:30ish (occasionally uncomfortable when I sit, I usually only carry there for short periods of time, >1hour). I would usually agree with on the need to cover the trigger, but with the very long, very heavy double action trigger on my P-11, I don't see any way for the trigger to be pulled to make the gun go off, the pull weight is definitely at or over 10 pounds.

ahh okay. sorry to hear about that situation.

Have you ever tried a pocket holster? I know a lot of people which carry that size gun (or smaller) in their front pocket with a pocket holster and that can work real well (I cant simply because girl pants dont have anywhere NEAR that big of pockets).

There are of course other options if you are looking for a way to carry more easily.

belly band, shoulder holster, something like the wilderness safeopacker holster (which i happen to use a lot). I'm sure others can suggest things as well that could work well for you and not sit on that hip.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I only carry one gun. In my mind thats enough for me. Thats actually all I have right now to carry anyways hahaha. If I can talk my wife into letting me get a pocket pistol I might would carry it as a BUG but I doubt it. I personally find 2 guns to be overkill.

But to each their own. I support everyone's right to carry as many handguns on them as they want to. :D

Guest Sgt. Joe

I carry either the SR9 or the SR9c at 3:00 in a belly band with a spare mag opposite of that. The lil' Sig (238) goes in the weak side front pocket along with a spare mag for it. However as of late I have only been carrying the primary and a spare mag and leaving the BUG behind. That is because most of the short pants that I wear do not have pockets that do well with the pocket holsters that I currently have.

On the the few occasions that all I am carrying is the lil' Sig or maybe my PPK I will carry two spare mags for those. On those occasions the weapon moves to the 3:00 position either in the belly band or in another IWB or OWB holster as my mood dictates.

I have also, just to see how well it would work carried both the SR9 and the SR9c along with a 380 and spare mags for everything all at once.:D

I found that I can indeed conceal all of that very well but it isnt something that I do and I only tried it to make sure that I could carry all of that if I thought I needed to. But then again if I really thought I needed all of that I am sure I would find a way to not go to wherever that need would be.;)

I also have an older Bianchi concealment fanny pack that when visiting FL I will on occasion actually wear as it does not stick out so much there as it would here. If I am wearing it a BUG can be set up for cross draw or weak hand draw and the thing is big enough to hold two 380's with one facing each direction. Again it is not something that is a normal thing that I do, just something that I have experimented with.

I dont carry extra mags for the extra rounds but because of a possible mag failure. With a weapon that holds 17+1, I really doubt that I would ever need additional rounds but I guess all things are possible.

I carry the BUG weak side in the case of a strong side injury or complete primary weapon failure. While any of those things are highly unlikely I am a firm believer in having something and not needing it rather that needing it and not having it.

Pretty much the same logic that goes with EDC to begin with.:)

I have a friend who carries an SR9c with FOUR spare 17 round mags and a couple others that only carry an SP-101 or six shot wheel gun and no spare rounds. I say to each his own in those regards. Whatever one feels comfortable with.:)