Walmart ammo

Guest dotsun

Guest dotsun

Well I swung by Walmart today to pick up a box or 2 of ammo. I grabbed a box of remington .223 and then asked the guy if he had any 7.62x39. He says yeah, it's $13.xx per box. :D That's for 20 WWB fmj. The .223 was high, but still around $7/20, about normal for today's market. Anyone else seen this stuff THAT freakin expensive??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dotsun
Walmart went up on all their ammo.

40 S&W is $26.99 now, BASS Pro is $25

It looks like all ammo is going up everywhere,

Yeah that's what the guy behind the counter said. I mentioned I could get a 7.62 case of wolf for under $200 shipped and he denied it.

Guest nitrous_mike

Yip I got WWB 45 and 40SW last Sunday , the 45 was 30 bux and the 40 was 27. I looked around at the pawn/gun shops and they were all about the same on the 45 but I have not looked for the 40 so I can not say how that is priced everywhere else.

Guest abailey362

I was at Ganer Mountain down in Huntsville today and they had .40 Wb priced at $39.99.....wtf. They are over priced on most things and had a few good deals, but damn.

They also had a Kimber pro carry used marked at 799....which is right at SRP for a new one :)

AimSurplus (http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_7_62x39.html) has Wolf Military Classic 7.62x39 for $169.95 case. I bought one and would recommend anyone else does too while the price lasts.

Edit: Glad I put my order in Saturday. They just went up today to $179.95 (still a pretty good price).

www.classicarms.us also has pretty decent 7.62 prices.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides

I wish I could find someone around here who wanted some 7.62 x 39. Every time I open a shooting bag I find a bunch more rounds. Unfortunately, I've become disenchanted with the AK and it's about to find another home. Wish I had kept the MAK90.

• 2 weeks later...

Johnson City Walmart was 19.47 for WWB 9mm OUCH! I went to Dicks and got Remington UMC on sale for 10.00 a box. 45acp was 15 a box.

Shoot anyone remember when you could buy a Norinco SKS and a CASE of ammo for 100 bucks... and that was when I lived in Maryland.

I read China is buying every piece of raw metal it can for ammunition and that is largley what has caused ammo and other metal products to rise. Add in the war, weak dollar, ect and it makes things worse.

And I heard somewhere that the price of lead has risen faster than the price of any other major metal, including gold.

Buy now, save later. I think it works like gasoline- it ain't gonna get a whole lot cheaper very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I read China is buying every piece of raw metal it can for ammunition and that is largley what has caused ammo and other metal products to rise. Add in the war, weak dollar, ect and it makes things worse.

You are correct about China, but it’s not for ammunition. There is a housing boom in China (compliments of us) and the copper is being used for electrical wire and electronics.

The price of copper and the limited availability of ammo due to the war is what is driving ammo prices up.

I bought a hundred round bag of Wolf 7.62X39 up near Kingsport today for 23.99.

I think it is Wolf from the black box. Looked like a 20 round box was 4.99 so I saved a whole buck by getting a hundred rounds.

not from Walmart though, place called Gunslingers