Remington R1 review

chances R

I bought the R1 Remington in Oct 2010. Just a basic 1911 that had several favorable reviews by the the gun mags. I had put near 1,000 rds through it before going to Front Sight. Shot the entire 4DDHC without a failure (600rds). Two months later repeated the same course, and again no failures of any kind. Of course this is all with 230 gr. FMJ. It will hiccup with FTF on ocassion with 200gr. SWC. However it has handled 200gr. Jacketed TC without any problems. It is a fine shooting gun, especially given the price. If you want a 1911, this would be a good choice. Also, with this gun Remington offers it Platinum Service, which in the first year they will inspect and clean the gun at no charge; this includes all shipping. I sent mine in this past Monday, Jun 13, and got it back today. Not bad!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keinengel

I have the 1911 Bug. I need another, lol. I have my TRP but I need something that I won't worry about abusing. I was thinking about picking up an R1, Ruger or Taurus. How much did you pay for yours?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.