AK-47 info?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to believe the AK hung the moon, then I got an AR. There are a lot of bull crap myths about the AK, and a good bit of the poor accuracy claims are ammo related, true. The war between AR and AK is so boring I could vomit. I sold all five of my AK's and I had more ammo stored away for them than I care to mention, and I have never been happier. The creature comforts, the interchangeability and the versatility is why I am an AR convert. BUT, I would never hesitate to wage war against a parking lot full of zombies with the AK, I wouldn't even be uncomfortable with the idea.

The AK accuracy thing is a myth. They aren't as accurate as an AR and never will.....AND THEY WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE. M.K. knew what he was doing, and accuracy is MORE than sufficient. They aren't target or competition rifles and they will shoot minute of Lung accuracy all day long, and they are reliable to the point of insane monotony. I will say this on the other side of the coin though, So are AR's and the whole direct impingement argument is as stupid as the AK accuracy argument. I mean GOD forbid you actually clean your stupid gun once in a while.

I have come to realize that arguments for and against both the AR and the AK are 99.9% perpetuated by couch commandos, mall ninjas, and idiot internet experts. They are both darn fine rifles and the ONLY thing that will ever make one better than the other is the end user's level of contentment.

Guest GunTroll
I used to believe the AK hung the moon, then I got an AR. There are a lot of bull crap myths about the AK, and a good bit of the poor accuracy claims are ammo related, true. The war between AR and AK is so boring I could vomit. I sold all five of my AK's and I had more ammo stored away for them than I care to mention, and I have never been happier. The creature comforts, the interchangeability and the versatility is why I am an AR convert. BUT, I would never hesitate to wage war against a parking lot full of zombies with the AK, I wouldn't even be uncomfortable with the idea.

The AK accuracy thing is a myth. They aren't as accurate as an AR and never will.....AND THEY WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE. M.K. knew what he was doing, and accuracy is MORE than sufficient. They aren't target or competition rifles and they will shoot minute of Lung accuracy all day long, and they are reliable to the point of insane monotony. I will say this on the other side of the coin though, So are AR's and the whole direct impingement argument is as stupid as the AK accuracy argument. I mean GOD forbid you actually clean your stupid gun once in a while.

I have come to realize that arguments for and against both the AR and the AK are 99.9% perpetuated by couch commandos, mall ninjas, and idiot internet experts. They are both darn fine rifles and the ONLY thing that will ever make one better than the other is the end user's level of contentment.

Hehe, right on with those statements above. I wish I could see your avatar though. Maybe if I got off the couch?

what about saiga how do they compare to other manufacturers

Saiga's are the best you can buy of an assembly line. Plus you get the added cool factor that it is a "true" Russian AK.

I also agree with Caster, but I went the other way. I've had a bunch of AR's in multiple calibers and platforms and I just don't like them as much. I prefer the AK any day. That being said it is purely a personal decision. It is six of one and 1/2 dozen of the other. Some like high maintenance super models and others prefer the girl next door. I'm a girl next door kinda guy. :P

Unfortunately, no. That's why I didn't phrase that, "I 100% believe that Arsenal, Inc. is at the top of this list of AK-47 manufacturers on this planet--possibly in the known galaxy." ;)

I'm basing my injection off numerous accounts of complete happiness in dealing with the company/shooting their products. The majority vote is pretty hard to beat.

if you are in close range and it is dirty or sand everywhere the ak is what you want up to around 100 yards. it beats the ar ,trust me i know.you have to keep cleaning the ar any time you carry it . sometimes more than one time a day.anything over 100 yards the ar win's .i hate the 3 round burst.you use more ammo in fa but you also learn to control the fire rate.for the average person who target shoots the ar is what you want. after 21 years in the army i know alittle about both.i like the ar type rifle but i can depend on a ak going bang every time and that is important if someone is shooting at you.

Guest GunTroll

So if you had to have one firearm and your choice was a Blunderbuss or a Nock gun what would you choose and why?

For me its easy. Nock. Just looks bad ars. Unpractical for most anything but who cares. Its about what others think of you when you show them just how cool you are. But Ar's are cool too.