Sig Question

graycrait

I have never shot a Sig. However, a friend has lent me 4

SA Sigs to shoot, 1 in .22LR, 1 in 9mm and 2 in .45ACP. This is because another friend told me that Sig SAO in .45 are 1911 "killers."

Hopefully a couple in TGO land know something about the reliability, durability, accuracy and functionality of Sig SAO pistols.

I am thinking I need a Sig 220 in .22 then get a X-Change upper in .45 ACP.

Craig

Guest motonut

Love my (only 2 so far) Sigs but neither are SAO so I can't help you. There will be more.

229 Equinox in .40 and SP2022 in 9mm

Most Sigs aren't polished beauty queens, but they are some of the most reliable pistols out there. I recently got a P229 in .40 S&W and it's probably one of the best shooting pistols I've ever handled. There's a real reason the Navy Seals adopted a Sig as one of their official firearms. They're built like a tank. I've never heard anything negative about Sig.

SA Sigs to shoot, 1 in .22LR, 1 in 9mm and 2 in .45ACP. This is because another friend told me that Sig SAO in .45 are 1911 "killers."

Hopefully a couple in TGO land know something about the reliability, durability, accuracy and functionality of Sig SAO pistols.

Craig

Craig,

I'll tell you of my Sig. I have a P226 .40 with night sights and I love it. I can't really give you any durability responses as I've only had mine for a few months and I've only shot 450 rounds through it so far. However, every round has been amazing to shoot. I absolutely love this gun. I've shot the P220 in .45ACP and .22R and honestly, other than the recoil, I can't tell the difference. They both shoot pretty well and very accurate. The only bad thing about the .22LR is that you will have to adjust the bloody sights because for some reason, it always shoots low using the stock sights and once you align it, it's perfect. After that, your .45ACP Caliber X-Change kit should take over the rest. Just remember to get everything shiny lubed on a Sig and it should last you forever.

I recently purchased my first sig; a used P220. I have only put a couple of hundred rounds through it, but so far I really like it. It is accurate and reliable. I changed the original grips for a set of slim grips. IMHO the trigger is no where near as nice as my 1911's. But it is still good. It is also a bit large for CC in the summer. I will be looking at other Sig's in the future.

While I have other pistols, Sigs are my favorite, by far. I carried a 226 since the early 90's. Last fall I bought my first 220 and it has become the love of my life. Since the first, I've bought 2 more. Mine are all DA/SA and I love them. Almost as good is the 2022. It is very hard to go wrong with any Sig.

Craig

My first gun that I bought a few months ago is a Sig P226 chambered in .40 and I just got my .22LR conversion kit for it and I love this gun. It's amazing to shoot. The accuracy is good on .40 barrel. The only bad things I'll say about Sig pistols is that their magazines are super expensive. Around $50 for a new magazine and $29 each if you qualify for their IOP. Other than that, you've got a great plan. Generally speaking, buying the .22LR version of the Sig model you want and then the caliber X-Change kit for the other caliber you want is wwwwwaaaaayyy cheaper than doing it the other way around for the .22LR conversion kit.

Guest razorblade

If my life is on the line, I want a Sig in my hand. Most accurate and reliable of all that I own. Some costing much more.

Guest The Highlander

I have a 220 with a .22 kit, and I just bought a CPO 225 9mm. Used to have a 239 9mm, and regret trading it. Love my SIG's. No experience with their 1911's however.