just went and checked out a PLUM CRAZY at a local shop

ccarrier

Guest brandon_pitt
Standard forged/billet lowers are generally made with 7075 T-6 aircraft grade aluminum alloy. This isn't anything crazy strong, just standard aluminum with a T6 hardness. This is relatively strong, but just more or less a "standard" aluminum. Many aircraft's structural skin is made up of ~.032-.040" thick T6 alum.

Good to know in case I'm ever on Jeopardy or Who Wants to be a Millionaire? I'm so phoning you.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know in case I'm ever on Jeopardy or Who Wants to be a Millionaire? I'm so phoning you.

Do you need the cell #? :D

I was an Aircraft Structural Repairman (primarily Blackhawks) in the Army National Guard. I've never touched an aircraft in my civilian life. I suppose you don't always use your military training in the "real world" except for forum posts :).

I went to the range yesterday with mine and ran 100 rounds through it. No problems at all with my Plum Crazy , shot great .

I am happy with the price and think it is a great alternative for a economy build. I am sure there are better lowers out there ,but as a starter ,entry level AR it would be hard to beat. I am not saying I would want to go to battle with it but it does what I was looking for. A low price .223 / 5.56 first AR .

I've got a few thousand rounds of .223 and 22lr through mine (jse upper cmmg conversion when using 2l2r) 6 months in and I still love mine. For the money it can't be beat. Trigger is crisp with no creep. Once I get some spare cash I'm gonna get a few more. Put another together and just put the others away for later.