Permit has finally arrived!!

Guest gunsmoke

Guest gunsmoke

Permit came in the mail today! Applied on May 24 and fingerprinted the 26th. If my college tuition has been worth anything that comes out to be 17 days! Now if i can just convince the old lady to go execute the wally walk with me. haha I couldn't be more excited!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunsmoke

Springfield .45 xdm! Looking for a holster thats a little better than the one that came with the gun. Possibly a serpa 2 because of the lock!

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I got a XDm 9mm compact to carry. I got a Serpa OWB holster but find it very hard to carry concealed that way in the summer. Maybe in winter when I can wear a jacket. Right now when its hot out I carry it in a Tagua leather IWB holster.

Springfield .45 xdm! Looking for a holster thats a little better than the one that came with the gun. Possibly a serpa 2 because of the lock!

Serpa is a nice holster, part of my EDC for my M11. But as mentioned not really concealable. Id suggest the MTAC if you ever feel the need for IWB.

Congrats on the permit! Picking the right holster is more difficult than picking the right gun. Be sure to get a good belt as no holster will work well without it.

Guest gunsmoke

Picked up the serpa sportster at bps along with a blackhawk iwb holster. Beginning to feel the effects of such a big gun. i figured i would but i love my .45. I will prolly start looking into a small 9mm maybe a sig p250 sub compact. Either way it has been a lot more nerve racking carrying this thing than what i expected! Oh well! haha

Good luck out there.

You know it's funny, I know there's thousands of us out there, but I can count on one hand how many people I have seen carrying this YEAR. I have no doubt most are like me and choose to conceal because it makes sense to most of the time, but gunsmoke got me thinking when he said how nerve racking carrying the 45 was. It's a wonder you don't see more people carrying on a drop leg holster or a cowturd rig. It's just not something you see.

Sorry for going off topic.

Picked up the serpa sportster at bps along with a blackhawk iwb holster. Beginning to feel the effects of such a big gun. i figured i would but i love my .45. I will prolly start looking into a small 9mm maybe a sig p250 sub compact. Either way it has been a lot more nerve racking carrying this thing than what i expected! Oh well! haha

Do some research on that P250, from what I understand it's full of fail and AIDS. I sometimes carry my XDm 9mm in a Raven Concealment holster, the grip is entirely too long to conceal anything. My Kahr CM9 tucks away nicely and the Glock 23 hides pretty well too.

The problem is more your holster than your gun. I only carry fullsize handguns and with the right holster any gun is concealable. As much as I like Blackhawk products their IWB holsters are for the birds. Look into a CrossBreed Supter tuc or something similar. You can conceal that bad boy it just might take some play around with. Definitely be cheaper than buying a new gun.

Then again you can never buy too many guns.