Received my permit today!

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Just got back home from visiting Fall Creek Falls today & had a present waiting for me in my mailbox! I wasnt expecting it so soon! I turned in my application on 5/16 & got my prints taken on 5/17, so counting 5/17 thats only about 19 days to get my permit!

Looks like I'll be heading to Wal-Mart first thing tomorrow morning. Normally I would go tonight but hiking all around Fall Creek Falls really took it out of me today. I'm pooped. :up:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that I am missing something. I still haven`t did the "Wally-Walk" But then I have only had my permit for 6 months and I don`t shop at Wally World unless I really have to. Can`t stand the place. I have made a few malls and other stores. Anyway it is good to be able to carry without the worry.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I actually go to Wal-Mart anyways usually once every weekend so it works out perfectly for me hahha ;)

Until we can get the guns in employer parking lot bill passed really the only time I'll be able to carry will be on the weekends. :(

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
I guess that I am missing something. I still haven`t did the "Wally-Walk" But then I have only had my permit for 6 months and I don`t shop at Wally World unless I really have to. Can`t stand the place. I have made a few malls and other stores. Anyway it is good to be able to carry without the worry.

Your permit is not actually valid unless and until you perform the required Wally Walk. Look up the details online. There are very precise procedures which must be followed.

Guest brandon_pitt
Your permit is not actually valid unless and until you perform the required Wally Walk. Look up the details online. There are very precise procedures which must be followed.

Ah nuts! I should've read the fine print! I've been carrying, I thought legally, all this time. Must get to Wally world. Ha

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Well it went pretty good. I've been looking into getting a tactical knife to carry & maybe a tent for camping so we actually went to a few places before we made it to Walmart.

Went to Rural King first, so I guess thats really where I got to carry legally for the first time.

After that we went to Grandpas. Its posted, but not legally. There is a sign on the door (on the INTERIOR doors, so you cant even see it until you are in the building) that says "No concealed weapons per management." Thats it. No gunbuster sign, no mention of TCA or that its a misdemeanor or anything. I considered it to not be a legal posting & carried right past it. Checked out their knives & tents & left.

Then finally made it to Walmart. I actually wasnt really self conscious about the gun at all. It kind of felt normal to me. We were in there for probably 30 minutes then left. :D

I wanna try open carry sometime. Dont really wanna freak people out or get the cops called on me tho. I wish the sheeple were more open as far as open carry goes. :)

Congrats on the permit. If you open carry(which i do) Wal-mart reserves the right to ask you to conceal your weapon. I usually carry in Wal-mart under a UN-tucked shirt only, and have never been questioned. Just FYI about their handgun carry policy. You can search Walmart HCP to get all the details, but it is very weird the way they word it.

Guest ArmaDeFuego
Congrats on the permit. If you open carry(which i do) Wal-mart reserves the right to ask you to conceal your weapon. I usually carry in Wal-mart under a UN-tucked shirt only, and have never been questioned. Just FYI about their handgun carry policy. You can search Walmart HCP to get all the details, but it is very weird the way they word it.

Yea I'm not too big on open carry. I'm cool if I'm the only one who knows I am carrying. I know some people get all worked up on the "Its my right to carry openly!!" stuff but honestly it doesnt matter to me. I might open carry sometime, but probably not. I honestly just dont see the point in it.