taurus 45 acp revolver

bayouvol

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not really familiar with the Taurus version but I will compare it to the others.

First the Caliber is a great one but I don't really see an advantage over haveing a 357, ballistics are very close to being the same.

Second moon clips can be a bleasing and a curse.

Third the fact it is ported can help with recoil but the flash at night will hurt your night vision slowing your follow up shots. I have heard some accuracy suffers with ported barrels but you may never notice.

I would be all over it if I had other guns in 45acp otherwise I would get one in 357 so I could shoot less expensive 38spl out of it. The 4" barrel may make it a little heavy for carry.

I owned a S&W 625 with a 3" barrel one time. Good shooting pistol though. The size of it just doesn't lend itself to concealed carrier though, IMO. I think you'd be better off with a Government model .45.

I have other 45s and thought it would be nice to have the same caliber. The Taurus is a five shot so it is a little smaller. I have carried my k frame 38 and it seems to carry ok but it is a little harder (not much) to conceal with nicer clothes. The wife would probably want me to give up my Glock 27 to do this. Don't know if I could do that.

I would imagine a 5 shot 45 would have to be the same thickness as a k frame. I like haveing a gun for every caliber but most don't. People always say consolidating all to 45 or 9mm. it would be easier to reload all 45 though.