i need a mosin nagant...

my82cam

i just bought a mosin nagant, and the trigger is very loose. i took it apart, and the trigger spring is missing. i was wondering if anyone had a mosin that is a parts gun? this is the spring that is coiled and not the spring that is a straight piece of metal. PM me if you have something! thanks

Edited by my82cam
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you, someone likely stored the rifle "hammer down". Taking the pressure off the firing pin by pulling the trigger, puts pressure on the flat spring and the flat spring will take a set. I know this because that's how I stored mine....that's how come I had to replace my spring. That's why I don't do that anymore. If you're careful you may be able to bend the flat sppring slightly and put tension back on it. Worst case, you break it and and still have to buy a new one.

Good grief, how did these rifles last 60+ years and now eveyone's messing them up. :)

I store mine with the bolt open for what it's worth. Does that take tension off the delicate leaf springs? These rifles were stored in crates for longer than most of us have been alive, with the bolt closed and most likely "hammer down" (but we all know there is now hammer in a Mosin).

Edited by Garufa
Good grief, how did these rifles last 60+ years and now eveyone's messing them up. ;)

I store mine with the bolt open for what it's worth. Does that take tension off the delicate leaf springs? These rifles were stored in crates for longer than most of us have been alive, with the bolt closed and most likely "hammer down" (but we all know there is now hammer in a Mosin).

^^^ This.

Well, I wasn't being technically specific, I've always heard that term used interchangeably for dropping the firing pin.

As far the other, I was merely relating what happened to me. Mine was fine when I got it. It wasn't for long. But what do I know?

well, i can't even find a spring that is on the trigger. there is a main spring that puts pressure on the piece that holds the firing pin back and than the trigger is just flopping around. i dunno, i may need to take apart a working mosin, anybody live in hendersonville? lol

well, i can't even find a spring that is on the trigger. there is a main spring that puts pressure on the piece that holds the firing pin back and than the trigger is just flopping around. i dunno, i may need to take apart a working mosin, anybody live in hendersonville? lol

I bet you lost the trigger pin when you pulled it apart. If it's missing, it will flop around.

i have all of the parts in the picture above, but there isn't anything i can see that puts pressure on the trigger to keep it tight. my problem is when you open the bolt and pull it back, it will slide right out unless you hold the trigger forward.

Yeah that's going to be the leaf spring. Which is the flat piece of metal the screw holds on.

You might be able to finesse it with a little bending to get it springy again. Also possible the tab on it has just worn or broken off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i bet the tab is broke, it still puts a lot of pressure on the other piece, the sear maybe? i'm probably just gonna wind up selling it, i doubt i will ever shoot it, but i want to fix it first

Guest pfries
with the bolt closed and most likely "hammer down" (but we all know there is now hammer in a Mosin).

I thoght my Mosin was a hammer that just worked as a rifle to :confused: