Sig Rusting in Comp-Tac Minotaur holster

Guest Jon

So I carried my P228 in the Minotaur today and was shocked to pull it out tonight to find the slide had rusted. After cleaning it I noticed it has a lot of chips in the finish.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this? It was a very hot day and I wore the gun at the 4 O'Clock position.

I really like the holster but I like the Sig more lol. If there are no remedies its goin in the trash.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah all the older ones rust. You gotta keep em heavily oiled on the slide or just go ahead and have it refinished with something better then that BS nitron they put on(or in the olders ones case black paint...which is about the same).

I love Sig's but if you want a non-rusting one buy an all stainless.

• Administrator
Yeah all the older ones rust. You gotta keep em heavily oiled on the slide or just go ahead and have it refinished with something better then that BS nitron they put on(or in the olders ones case black paint...which is about the same).

I love Sig's but if you want a non-rusting one buy an all stainless.

My stainles P220 Carry SAO would rust on the slide as well.

I've noticed my Sigs (and now that I think about it Glocks as well) will have beads of moisture on them at the end of a hot sweaty day if I use my Minotaur. It's usually on the body side of the gun. I don't know if it's actually sweat or condensation from temperature changes. Doesn’t matter why, the results are the same. I’ve gotten into the habit of checking the gun at night when using that holster. It doesn’t seem to happen with any other IWB rig I use.

I'm ordering a Kramer IWB#3 to replace the Minotaur as soon as funds become available.