Looks like I'll be getting a Beretta.

Guest TN.Frank

Guest TN.Frank

Well, I sold my practically new G26 Gen4 Glock, guess the "new" wore off of something and I'm going to pick up a Beretta 92f from a local guy tomorrow. Won't be nearly as easy to use for CCW but I don't carry much anymore anyway AND it'll be cool owning a gun that our troops is using overseas. It'll kind of give me a bond with em' all.

Call me crazy(go a head, it's ok):D but I just felt like I really wanted a Beretta 92 right now. Anyway, just wanted to share. Talk to ya'll later. :screwy:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TN.Frank

Because I know I'm going to miss that "little" G26 when it comes CCW time. Still, I think with the right IWB holster I can carry a 92 ok. At 6'4" and 280lbs I can pack a pretty large pistol with an IWB and it'll blend in with the right outer garments.

Can't wait to get all this dealin' done today so I can get home and put a few rounds thru the Beretta for a function and sight test. Lord willing it'll hit where I aim it and function ok.

Guest TN.Frank

Well, shoot, the kid sold the 92f out from under me. I've got my G26 sold thought as far as I can tell. Guess I should call the guy up and make sure that at least that deal is still doing down today. I'll have to keep looking I guess. Not like it was the only 92 on the planet.LOL

Hey you are in crossville, if your set on a Beretta but not set on 9mm, the crossville pawn shop had a Beretta Cougar 8045 in there the other day. But if a 92 is what you are wanting keep looking, there are deals to be had.

Guest Lester Weevils

At the Chatt gun show last weekend I saw a few new blue 92FS only a few dollars higher than $500. Of course gun shows are not typically the cheapest places to buy new guns.

Have just seen average new prices higher than that in some earlier times.

A year or two ago there seemed to be a 92FS drought around here. All the stores had on the shelf were 1911's, Ruger 22's, and plastic guns. The Beretta's on the shelf were all PX4's (which are good guns but not a 92 either).

But they seem pretty plentiful again lately.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest TN.Frank

Nah, I'm pretty set on a 9mm, ammo is A LOT cheaper then either 40cal or 45acp. I'll find one, not in any real hurry(that's a lie,LOL) something will turn up, just need to keep looking.

Guest J.D. Skull

CDNN has American Tactical 92C for $300. This week only it comes with 3 17rd mags. Shipping is $14. It is made in Turkey at old Beretta factory on Beretta machinery by same people that made Berettas. I bought 1 last week and missed out on the 3 17rd mags.:D Took it to range yesterday and fired 300rds with no problems. It is as accurate as I am. This gun is a steal for $314 bucks.

Guest TN.Frank

I just saw a 92F Compact for sale, $400 bucks comes with 2/13 rnd mags. That may be the one I've been looking for. It'd work better for CCW and still work awesome for Home Defense. If nothing else I bet I could buy it and trade it straight across for the full size 92F that's at my local dealer's. I think the Compact would sell easier for them.

I just saw a 92F Compact for sale, $400 bucks comes with 2/13 rnd mags. That may be the one I've been looking for. It'd work better for CCW and still work awesome for Home Defense. If nothing else I bet I could buy it and trade it straight across for the full size 92F that's at my local dealer's. I think the Compact would sell easier for them.

If it's in great shape then snatch it up.

Guest TN.Frank

I am, I e-mailed him and he told me if no one gets it at his local tonight he'd deliver it to me here in Crossville tomorrow a.m. I didn't even argue his price, it's more then fair and within my budget. I must be livin' right or something,LOL.

Guest TN.Frank

Only thing I'd be willing to trade it for would be a gently used 92fs. Still, logically THIS Beretta would make more sense then Full Size since I have a CCW and would probably like to carry from time to time but then again, our Troops are using the Full Size and it'd be neat to have basically the same pistol that they're packin' around Iraq and Afghanistan.

It's basicily the same gun, little shorter grip, the regular 92 mags fit it (they will stick out some). I just bought 6 extra mags for mine so I can carry it if I want to. I have all kinds of 92's, 96's 8040's (cougar) and 1 8045 (cougar). The nice thing on the cougars is the rotating barrel cuts way down on felt recoil.

Guest TN.Frank

I almost picked up a 8040F Cougar. Summit Gun Broker had them at a heck of a price but I ended up getting the G26(which I've now sold) because it was more compact,LOL. I don't know, if you'd want to trade a full size 92f or 92fs for the Compact I'd probably go for that deal. Just need to get a feel of the Compact first. Send me a few pics of potential candidates that you'd trade and who knows, you may end up with the C and I may end up with the Full Size after all.

Guest TN.Frank

Well, here's a pic of my new Baby. A Beretta 92F Compact. The slide runs on the frame butter smooth, trigger is awesome in single action, a little heavy but smooth in double action. I like Glocks but dang, this Beretta is SWEET.

92fcompactlg.jpg

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Congrats! And it seems that you remembered the first rule of gun ownership (yes, even before all those rules about safety): PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Guest TN.Frank

Just for grins I went out back and put 3 rounds of WWB ball ammo thru it at 7 yards. I know that's not many rounds but I just wanted to see where the sights hit. Well, they hit dead on(under the dot on the front sight) and I put those 3 rounds into a 3/4" vertical group with two of the three shots touching. This gun totally blows my Glock away in the accuracy dept., I really love my Beretta.