Chattanooga Gathering?

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in meeting up for a shoot. Somewhere like Prentice Cooper? I don't know really any other places except Shooters Depot Indoor range. I'm just getting into this whole area and thought it would be a good chance to meet some people and see different guns. I'm looking at doing a carry permit class this summer. If anybody would be game, reply to this thread and we will see what we can come up with. Suggestions are recommended :D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never happen. Last one was talked up for six weeks, and one guy showed up.

(I only notice 'cause I'm down there every 6 or 7 weeks)

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/events-gatherings/51094-setting-up-chattanooga-area-prentice-cooper-meet-shoot.html

Might as well just PM a couple of guys and see if they want to meet ya, seems to me.

- OS

You got that right. I won't attend again unless there is some confirmation that others will show up.

Guest Lester Weevils

Hi Mav

I may have seen you there, but it didn't look like your picture. Maybe if you had worn pencils in yer nose. [just joking]

If another is attempted, perhaps everyone should wear an identifying marker. I kept looking around but didn't want to go around asking strangers if they are from TGO.

Thats it! Next time everybody can wear pencils up the nose! Not many people go to Prentice Cooper with pencils up the nose.

I am down but i would need to know a time in advance.

Why not have a set time to meet somewhere like at the old kmart.at the bottom of Signal then everyone drive up together. That way everyone will know everyone.

That sounds great to me. I just know know enough of yall to PM everybody. Do you think we would have enough room to shoot? I know there are only like 4 or 5 benches up there. Does anybody have any other suggestion of another place nearby we could go?

I hosted one at Carters a few years back. It sucked. We had 6 or 8 people show up IIRC. It was too loud. Too cramped. Too Ray Carter'ish.

I've been to a couple of shoots at PC and they sucked too. The last one, another member and I waited about an hour or so for a bench to open up. I think 3 people ended up showing up total.

The problem is that we just do not have a good range to meet up at where we can actually meet, in peace.

Best bet is to get a couple of CHRPC or CRC members together to host a small get-together.

Guest monkeyhumper

I didn't care for prentice cooper. It's just as far for me to go to spring creek, and it's much nicer.

Take that fo what it's worth, because I probably wouldn't show up. I have an 18 month old that I devote my time to. It's rare I get the urge to shoot anymore...

Im pretty sure alcohol is not allowed at Prentice.

I know this is last minute but I'm going up this Saturday June 11th to Prentice about 2 o clock. Would anybody be able to join? We could meet at 2 in the old Kmart parking lot. If anybody needs directions let me know.

Thanks guys.