Security Camera Questions??

If I had security cameras recording burglars in my house ,obviously they would take my computers. That’s the end of the security video.

I know there is an option for on-line storage, but I figured that was expensive.

What about a wireless external hard drive hidden in the house somewhere? Is that an option?

Besides scaring them off I want every opportunity to catch them and have them put in jail. Guess it’s the former cop in me. :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

If dralarms says get a vcr and hide it, then that is the likely answer.

I saw some web cameras that have SD card slots. The ad copy said they can be programmed to record triggered on motion, onto SD cards plugged in. Kinda like a game camera for criminals!

Even if that works good, guess it is possible the burglars could steal the cameras...

If dralarms says get a vcr and hide it, then that is the likely answer.

I saw some web cameras that have SD card slots. The ad copy said they can be programmed to record triggered on motion, onto SD cards plugged in. Kinda like a game camera for criminals!

Even if that works good, guess it is possible the burglars could steal the cameras...

Actually I said DVR, VCR is DEAD.

Now that I have a regular keyboard (I replied from my tablet earlier), go to Sam's club, get either thier 4 or 8 camera kit (kit meaning everything you need is in the box, except if you get the 8 camera kit you may need to buy the other 4 cameras). They are precut wires with connectors already built in, run all your wires to a central location, mount all the cameras plug all the cables into the dvr (very important) BEFORE you plug the dvr into the wall. Run a network cable to your network, program the system (some even allow for email or texts with the picture). Leave your computer monitor on the cameras, that way if they break in and want to steal the evidence then you have given them a decoy to steal, and your dvr is still safe and sound.

Heck, I even have a DVR lock box (about a 250.00 box) I'd sell you cheap. Mount it, lock it and it will slow them down even more.