Who needs Posse Comitatus anyway?

The Defense Authorization Act or H.R. 1540, aka The Forever War Act of 2012, was overwhelmingly approved by the House of Representatives earlier today on a vote of 322 to 96.

The Senate will now vote on its own version and then the two bills will need to be reconciled before going to the President for his signature into law.

The law authorizes the United States to use military force anywhere it says there are terrorists, including within the borders of our own country. It represents the largest hand-over of unchecked war authority from Congress to the executive branch in modern American history.

The founders were seriously opposed to handing this much power over to executive, fearing tyranny. If enacted into law, this provision will make the President a dictator who can wage war without the consent of the American people.

H.R. 1540: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (GovTrack.us)

H.R.1540: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Just realize that it doesn't take much to become a terrorist in the eyes of those in charge.

Dolomite

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for puting that up Dolomite.

People are more concerned with Lady Gaga, hats at a royal wedding and a kid going to a prom than the real dangers to our way of life. Most of us here (TGO) do not fall into this catagory thankfully. But the vast majority of citizens do seem to fall into it. We all should be rightfully scared at what will happen if the course the country is on is not righted.

The protection in this country from terrorism starts and ends with making our borders secure and this is where the effort should be placed, not with giving the president unlimited power to trample on our rights. Congress is a runaway train and I doubt much short of starting over can stop it.

Guest 6.8 AR

They will run out of people to wage war against. And then, they will turn on us.

I think someone is trying to tell us something.

The law authorizes the United States to use military force anywhere it says there are terrorists, including within the borders of our own country. It represents the largest hand-over of unchecked war authority from Congress to the executive branch in modern American history.

Dolomite

Maybe I'm just tired but where in there did say anything about use of armed forces in our country? I tried scanning through the pdf file of the bill to locate what you said but I couldn't find it.

Another piece of the puzzle.

HSA says we(gun people, rightwing)are terrorist.

Obscene searches by the TSA.

Warrantless entry into your house.

Under the radar gun control.

Military inside our borders to fight terrorist.

Coming; "Let me see your papers."

And then it is, "Get on the train to the camp."

Here is an excerpt from some stuf I have read recently:

Homeland Security pegs returning veterans as threats

They also identified historic American symbols of freedom as terrorist indicators, symbols like the Gadsden Flag, the First Navy Jack, and the famous reply during the great Greek stand against the hugely superior number of Persians immortalized in the movie The 300.The phrase from King Leonidas to the Persians is carved in a pillar at the historic city of Thermopylae where the battle took place: ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ.

Over and over again veterans are seen as threats because of our training. What we should be viewed as is assets to be used in time of need. Most veterans have sound moral compass as well.

Dolomite

First they came for the

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me

That's a quote from the war.

Now, consider this.

The Army takes over the duties of the police

"We don't need you guys anymore."

(The Army hires now, you don't "join", you go through an application proceedure...and lately they've been hiring gang members.)

As little as I feel about the mindset of the police, I'd rather have them than the Army chasing me.

I know how to build a gun. That would make me a terriorist.

I know how to make blackpowder without going to a chemical supply... Terriorist.

I can make punjii sticks..I have the main ingredent in my gut..terriorist.

I've read and read Clancy...terriorist.

I've made it a point to move from my place of birth...

I joined this little chat...

Edited by bajabuc

Remember Randy Weaver & his family on Ruby Ridge? Don't ever think it

can't happen to you, if your thoughts & beliefs are different from the

powers that be.

The word "terrorist" is adjustable to fit the occasion.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -lest it come to domonate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry