Joined the Glock club... (56k)

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Never thought it would happen, but I got myself a Glock. It's a G19 EXO. Been done up by Talo with some sort of special finish and some Ameriglo iDots. Walked into the store intending to get an M&P, but things don't always turn out how you expect they will.

Thought I would take a couple quick pictures before dinner, including a couple with its little cousin the Kahr CW9. Everyone always said that Kahr makes the single stack Glock ought to have made, and with this EXO color scheme they certainly do look related (though the Glock is a bit more of a champagne color).

I'll try to get set up for some nicer ones later, but I had to get these up ASAP. Knowing that it's "pics or it didn't happen," I needed to make my purchase official!

p1013950.jpg

p1013953.jpg

p1013960.jpg

p1013961.jpg

p1013965.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, koolaid drinker. Welcome to the club. My first was a G22, then a G30, and a few months back a G19. Probably won't be the last.

I'm rather envious of the EXO. Been looking at the info and thinking about one. Do you mind my asking what it's going for ther in Memphis? Haven't run across one in my usual haunts around here. I'm sure they are to be had, but I haven't run across one yet.

Got it for $650 OTD. I know that's a pretty fair amount for a Glock, but I figured it wasn't so bad when you add in the cost of night sights. Plus the "special" factor. I saw a couple listings on GunBroker for around $580-590, but once you factor in shipping and FFL fees you come out about the same.

I was pretty impressed by the sights, and I think that's ultimately what put me over the edge. We'll see how they work out in practice, but I've been blacking out the rear sights on my Kahr the past few times I've been shooting, and thinking about coloring up my front sight. The paint on the front sight of this thing is a real attention getter. Should be pretty easy to bring on target quickly, and won't get lost so much on plain backgrounds.

Oh, forgot to mention that the local store here sold their only stocked 19EXO, but were able to bring this one in from another location. Mine was the only one they had at the second location. In the Memphis store they still had a 17, but without night sights and a I think a 23 with the night sights. I wanted to stick with 9mm for consistency's sake, so for me it was finding a 19 or nothing. Well, I guess it was actually find a 19 or come home with an M&P.

Yeah. It's certainly not what you expect to see when you hear "Glock." Before I got my little Kahr I always figured that my carry gun(s) would be all black, but the CW9 isn't too shiny, and I've managed to keep it covered up pretty well in my IWB holster so I don't feel like it draws any additional attention. After having gotten used to the Kahr, I'm kinda happy that the Glock almost matches. They look like they belong together.

Taking it out for a spin tomorrow. We'll see how it works out for me. Will put 150-300 through it depending on how crowded the range is.

Internals are all stock, except I believe the barrel is coated in the same stuff as the slide. Then, of course, you have the night sights with the high viz front and blacked out back. It's pretty much just a different looking G19 with fun sights on top.

Yeah, I gave it a very cursory cleaning after shooting it today. Everything basically just wiped right off it. The finish appears to be really nice, and the coating is on top of the regularly tennifered metal, so it's very much belt and suspenders. Not expecting it to show very much wear, and it should be able to stand up to even more environmental abuse than your typical Glock before starting to look shabby. At least on the slide, anyway.

• 5 months later...

Like that Glock like you just got my first one also. I got the G26, like you i was planning on getting something else but after shooting it I decided to get one I have also considered getting a KAHR but still cant really decided kind like the way the Ruger SR9c shoots guess have to wait and see

Welcome to the forums.

I have been greatly enjoying both my Glock and my Kahr, but I've taken the Ruger SR9 and SR9c out a few times and have found them both to be great shooters. Hard to go wrong with one of them if that's what you decide.