Mosin 91/30

Guest m&pc9

I hate them freaking guns. They have cost me near two grand, and I am not talking just about guns and ammo, but dental work.

Can darn well attribute my 91-30 to two crowns and root canals. Rifle concussion crumbled one tooth, granted it was on the way south anyway but still. And the other I swear it killed the tooth, shot the gun fifty times or so that day, well maybe 150 times. Started the drive home and noticed a very distinct tooth ache. Both teeth were in the cheek side that sits on the stock. I am scared to shoot it anymore.

That lurks in back of my mind, seriously part of the reason I've not bought one, even though been tempted numerous times.

- OS

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I was thinking Rodina was one of Godzilla's oponents

Well, duh, so did I! Assumed it was after Rodan the monster, feminized the way people name pet possessions, like boats/guns/whatever.

Oh "nobody knows everything" Shoot

Mac that dude was awesome. Saturday night at nine PM he came on. Always showed some horror flick or monster movie. It was great entertainment. He came back at all commercial breaks. people watched to see him as much as any movie they showed.

At 11 was the news, but then at 11:30 was Bob Schreve. Bob was on TV late Saturday nights for years and years. He was hilarious. IIRC his schtick was being a bartender and hosting movies. He was sponsored by Schoenling Brewery. The guy would be absolutley hammered by 3 AM, I mean drunk as Cootie Brown. he was on from like 11:30 until 5:30. In later years he just hosted the movies and did comedy bits at commercial breaks and between movies. He showed any genre of movies.

Bob Shreve - Biography

Wow, what great memories I have of both of these entertainers. Nothing like it on TV any more.

We also had Nick Clooney. He was a local TV celeb as well as some famous guys Dad :ugh:

he hosted movies weekdays at 4 pm. He played the Right Face game. He had a big board with squares that had pictures of various famous people. You mailed in entries and he pulled them from a hopper. He then called the pulled card live. If you could match two faces you won.

Dang TV was way better back then.

I hate them freaking guns. They have cost me near two grand, and I am not talking just about guns and ammo, but dental work.

Can darn well attribute my 91-30 to two crowns and root canals. Rifle concussion crumbled one tooth, granted it was on the way south anyway but still. And the other I swear it killed the tooth, shot the gun fifty times or so that day, well maybe 150 times. Started the drive home and noticed a very distinct tooth ache. Both teeth were in the cheek side that sits on the stock. I am scared to shoot it anymore.

Make you one of these, it aint purdy but it works great if you shoot it alot. The pad itself is made out of plumbing pipe insulation covered with thin leather and is the most comfortable, shock absorbing pad i've ever used. I never understood why some high dollar recoil pads are almost as hard as a plastic butt plate. Plus it's no perminant modification to the rifle and fits all Mosins.

Firstpad.jpg

Ditto. My brother in-law shot my M-44 so much last X-mas I had a bad tooth ache on the right side. Still love the rifle!

Ditto. My brother in-law shot my M-44 so much last X-mas I had a bad tooth ache on the right side. Still love the rifle!

I love shooting them also but after having a disc removed and two vertibrea fused together and another buldging disc in my neck, hard kicking high power rifles can be a pain nowadays. Still doesn't stop me though.

The old Mosin 91-30, a heavy long barreled relic that takes a real man just to cycle the bolt and takes two hours to scrub all the cosmo off at first including using a drill and brush to scrub the chamber but, I think they are a cool looking rifle, some can be as accurate as most anything new and best yet, you can buy them all day for $100 to $150 and you can find cheap bulk ammo. My brother will tell you that they make an effective rifle to kill a deer with. He has a mounted 10pt. on his wall he shot with a shortened Remington Mosin made in 1917.