Glock AR

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere they are working on one

I hear the same thing ever year before I go to SHOT Show and every year they never make one. I remember a member here on TGO went to take a class down and Glock and he was assured that that year was going to be the year. He came on here talking about it and how it was a sure thing. Guess what? Never happened.

You would think that if they wanted to make one, they would have already done it.

Guest bkelm18

Personally I think they'd be out of their element if they ever did make one. Sure they're one of the top tupperware pistol makers, pretty much the first, however with so many other AR makers out there, they'd have a much tougher time selling it aside from being a novelty.

Guest bkelm18
The problem with that theory though is that when he first designed the gun he had no experience with them.

Either way, it'll be a Glock AR and people will only want one because it says Glock on it unless they pull something revolutionary out of their ass and sell it for cheap.

Guest yzfMrLee

Personally, I say if they're gonna make a long gun, it shouldn't be an ar15. It should be a new design. Maybe something similar, but like others have said, we have plenty of companies building ar's. Maybe kinda like Kel Tec did with the su-16. . . . . only. . . . . not. . . . . .

As far a a Glock rifle there are plenty of choices out there.

Mec-Tech makes an upper for Glock pistos. They have been around for a very long time and seem to be good.

There are sevral stocks for Glock pistols. Most require SBR papework but one of them has actually incorporated what looks like a barrel to meet the rifle requirements without the need for registration.

Glock Rifle on Google

Dolomite

I don't like the idea of lugging around tax stamps with an EDC, seeing as you have to get your Glock etched just like a SBR.

You do not if you have a barrel over 16" or a simulated barrel over 16". Some of these stock kits for Glocks have a tube that extends the same way a barrel does so you do not have to register it in order to use a pistol in the stock.

Having a stock on a pistol whith any lengthe barrel will help accuracy. Even if the simulated barrel doesn't act on the barrel at all you are getting the benefit of the stock.

Dolomite

Guest adamoxtwo

If they are going to they would be better off with the AR-10 Platform vs the AR-15. Get some .308 and .338 Lapua going. That is a small market I think.

You do not if you have a barrel over 16" or a simulated barrel over 16". Some of these stock kits for Glocks have a tube that extends the same way a barrel does so you do not have to register it in order to use a pistol in the stock.

Having a stock on a pistol whith any lengthe barrel will help accuracy. Even if the simulated barrel doesn't act on the barrel at all you are getting the benefit of the stock.

Dolomite

I've only seen these kits in SBR length.

I've only seen these kits in SBR length.

75906.jpg

This version supposedly takes care of the registration requirements.

The RONI CG1 pistol carbine conversion is now available in a legal model featuring a 16" barrel. Includes a muzzel shroud and threaded barrel. Includes all the great features of the RONI with out the NFA paperwork. More modelscoming soon. Convert your pistol to an accurate assault rifle within seconds. $399.99

Dolomite

75906.jpg

This version supposedly takes care of the registration requirements.

Dolomite

I stand corrected. I apologize. I honestly haven't looked into it for a year or maybe more. Seeing as this is new, it wouldn't have mattered, though. Good find, though--I may need to check out those for XDs.

I talked to one of Glock's reps @ a Fed LEO conference several weeks ago and questioned him about Glock carbines. The rep said they've had several different designs in the prototype phase, but that most were heavily based off of Piston AR designs and that Gaston isn't content with putting out "just another AR". The rep said it won't happen unless they develop something that's uniquely Glock, and decidedly "un-AR".