If it aint broke, dont fix it......

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Didn't you shoot my Gen 4? I had the same attitude about Glocks, and the G4 23 wound up being one of my favorite pistols.

Yeah, shoots nicely, but the finger grooves aren't simpatico. My gig finger rides on top of first groove, which forces the others on top of the other grooves. Heck, what's bizarre is, I've had various of my compatriots hold them so I can look closely, and generally their fingers are not IN the grooves entirely either, but doesn't seem to bother them. And really oddly, the 26/27 shorties have MORE room in that first gig finger groove.

And of course your .40 Gen 4 obviously has the correct spring mojo now, where the 17/19 obviously has probs; even a 5% problem gun rate is way out of bounds for a Glock, and seems that it may be at least that for those models now.

Btw, Erik88 has a wrap/stick grip on his 19, and since it mostly fills in the grooves, it feels pretty nice. I'd kinda hate to buy a gun where I had to "negate an improvement" though, whole idea seems wrong, otherwise could just grind the grooves down flat I guess.

- OS

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having shot a gen 4 19 and 26, getting one is now on my list of to gets. Just not sure which of the two. I usually am a smaller the better, carry person. But i can't tell which would be better, not much difference in size. both are fun and there are more rounds in the 19.

just to let you know, this is a major change. I had not found glocks to fit in my hand very well. And had written them off. I suppose that I could find a gen 3sf, but I would be just fine with a gen 4. Shoot it, if there is an issue, get it fixed. Shoot it again. Repeat if necessary. Carry when comfortable, as with any gun.

I have the Gen 4 22 and it has run flawless for several hundred rounds. I have shot a buddies Gen 4 and it was very easy to limp wrist. If I held a firm grip it never had a FTE. It was very predictable when it would FTE based on my grip. I was experimenting intentionally to see the malfunctions everyone has talked about. I don't think I would own a Gen 4 9mm, but I have no problem trusting my life to the Gen 4 .40.