Man in Nashville shoots home intruders

Guest ArmaDeFuego

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They asked for someone the homeowner didn't recognize,

Good thing he was armed since they were armed with a crowbar. I get the feeling he answered the door with a pistol in his belt. They took a Crowbar to a gun fight.

I am going to show this to my wife, as she ask why I carry in the house. My common reply this is Oak Ridge just isn't enough.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I usually dont have on pants with a belt or anything like that at home so I cant carry around in a holster, but I do usually take my pistol with me & keep it within arms reach in whatever room I'm in. You just never know when some crazy is gonna start pounding on your door.

You would think tho that if he had the gun on him they would have seen it & not tried to come in just wielding a crowbar. Maybe he had it sitting on a table or something close by right inside.

Good thing he was armed since they were armed with a crowbar. I get the feeling he answered the door with a pistol in his belt. They took a Crowbar to a gun fight.

I am going to show this to my wife, as she ask why I carry in the house. My common reply this is Oak Ridge just isn't enough.

my wife said the same thing until we had a string of break-ins in our neighborhood. They all happened in the middle of the day just like this one did. The guys was targeting houses that they believed all occupants would be at work.

Unfortunately for these guys they broke into the constables house who happen to be home on lunch. He shot em both as they came into his window. How they missed the cop car in the driveway I cant figure out.

Guest friesepferd

haha really though... i very very rarely am wearing "pants" (ei, jeans or such with belt hooks). most often pajama pants at home. Carrying in a normal holster at home just isn't an option for me. I do however have the wilderness safepacker holster (which i also use on a regular basis). It works great for around the house. I can just carry it around with me and set it next to me wherever I am.

Something like that or just a normal fanny pack might be what you need around the house.

thiefs are starting up around my home.they tried to break into my neighbors house last week. she called the sheriffs office out at 2am. they did not get anything from her but stold my flamed panted mail box.

Guest ArmaDeFuego
Whoa!!!! TMI!!! :)

Hehhe..... The entire phrase was key in that sentence.... "Pants with a belt" :)

Like friesepferd I'm usually in track pants or something like that around the house so I dont have anywhere to actually put a holster. I do the same as her tho, just carry the gun around with me & put it right beside me. I think I might try to get one of those wilderness safepacker holster or something tho. I've been known to scratch up tables & things just sitting my gun right on them...

Hehhe..... The entire phrase was key in that sentence.... "Pants with a belt" :)

Yes, but not nearly as funny. :eek:

Like friesepferd I'm usually in track pants or something like that around the house so I dont have anywhere to actually put a holster. I do the same as her tho, just carry the gun around with me & put it right beside me. I think I might try to get one of those wilderness safepacker holster or something tho. I've been known to scratch up tables & things just sitting my gun right on them...

I usually dress down when at the house too. Though I usually don't have my gun right next to me. Close, but not always next to me.

With all the varmints running around these days (2 legged and 4 legged), I don't even go to the mailbox unarmed any more. Before I carried, I nearly had my arm taken off by a "friendly" neighborhood dog. I swore never again.

Good for the homeowner. You never know when trouble will come knocking or swinging.

Guest WyattEarp

easy solution to the problem is don't answer the door unless you're expecting company, and if you don't recognize the people on the front door step (if you have a peep hole, or window) then don't answer it. but glad he was able to shoot them both! one goes to the grave, the other will go to prison. great day for justice.

easy solution to the problem is don't answer the door unless you're expecting company, and if you don't recognize the people on the front door step (if you have a peep hole, or window) then don't answer it. but glad he was able to shoot them both! one goes to the grave, the other will go to prison. great day for justice.

AMEN TO THAT!

I often wear either pants or shorts with an elastic waistband and no belt loops when I am just hanging around the house. For me, I found a great way to carry is with a belly band. I don't wear it around my belly, though. Instead, I wear it down around my hips with the gun at about 3 0'clock and the grips just sticking up above my waistband. Under a t-shirt, my P3AT completely disappears in that setup. I can also carry my CZ 82 in it pretty comfortably but usually have to stick the tail of my t-shirt between my skin and the gun so the grips don't dig into my side.

If I am feeling really lazy, I'll sometimes just drop my NAA mini .22WMR in a nylon pocket holster in my pocket. That thing is so light that it doesn't even drag down pants/shorts with elastic waistbands.