Troy Battle Sights??

CM1021

What are your guys thoughts on these sights? I'm building another ar and this is gonna be a gun that I'm just gonna use iron sights to work on my shooting...so what are your guys opinions on these sights? I will be using the fold up sights and am looking at the HK style since it's round and my bacp apperture will be round as well so I can center them...Any advice you guys can give me on this I appreciate it!!

Thanks,

Coty

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have HK rear sight on one of my rilfes. I like it but I like the Matech sights better if you are going to only use irons. The reason is most irons do not allow you to dial elevation like a Matech does. Another thing is the Matechs are about 1/2 what a set of Troy sights run.

Dolomite

Troy's are awesome, high quality, and the fit and finish is excellent. Aim Surplus has them for $189 a pair with free shipping. Another option to look at are the LWRC Skirmish sights. They are very low profile, and feature a rotating rear objective that's pretty neat. Not sure they are readily avaliable yet though.

You won't be dissapointed in the Troy's....heck I haven't bought anything from Troy that I wasn't pleased with.

If you are going irons only, then why flip ups?

He's never gonna put an optic on it (and you're not gonna buy another gun until next year :D). You never know when things might change.

One thing I learned the hard way... until you're sure you won't ever run an Eotech, a flip up is probably a good idea.

I'm still on the right track. I said no more guns this year back in march. Ive stayed on that path for two months so far. Haha

You really know better, though. Right? Ruger's gonna bust out some new variants on that 1911, and it will be all over :D

Guest texas308

I have a set of troy hk style micro flip ups on my ar-10. I like em because they are quick to use if my scope ever fails. Love the hk style. My one and only complaint is I guess because my ar-10 has some recoil the tightening screw tends to come loose after a few boxes of shells so you may want to put some thread lock on em, other than that they rock.

I have a set of troy hk style micro flip ups on my ar-10. I like em because they are quick to use if my scope ever fails. Love the hk style. My one and only complaint is I guess because my ar-10 has some recoil the tightening screw tends to come loose after a few boxes of shells so you may want to put some thread lock on em, other than that they rock.

I Loctite every single screw on every single weapon. You will be surprized how many accuracy issues later on can be attributed to loosening screws on the optics or sights. Make sure you use BLUE and not red. If you use red you will break the screws before they break loose. If it needs to be tight and stay tight then use thread lock on it. I even blue loctite the knobs on most of my QD items. They can still be loosened by hand but won't work loose from vibration.

Dolomite

I Loctite every single screw on every single weapon. You will be surprized how many accuracy issues later on can be attributed to loosening screws on the optics or sights. Make sure you use BLUE and not red. If you use red you will break the screws before they break loose. If it needs to be tight and stay tight then use thread lock on it. I even blue loctite the knobs on most of my QD items. They can still be loosened by hand but won't work loose from vibration.

Dolomite

Yep. Blue Loctite and Fat Wrench on every screw.

Dolomite

+1 My range bag doesn't leave home without a bottle of blue loctite gel....Nothing has backed out on me yet.