Where are all the PMR30's

Guest 556or762

Guest 556or762

I was watching the posts on the Kel Tec PMR 30 herre at TGO about a year ago and I just realized after looking around for an hour or so I have never even seen the gun in real life. I am in a gun store at least once a week so the question is where did they all go? Does anyone actually have one or did they just all disappear, or were they just terrible guns that no one wanted after they got into the market?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Production took a turn recently for a new barrel design. Shipping halted for a bit, check the offical kel tec site for details. They are having a time getting this gun to be reliable, so there have been a few glitches to change the design which messed up already sluggish shipping.

Where they are, is kel tech is selling them to dealers on a rotating basis and the limited supply is slow to spread. I have seen 2 so far, and one was gone in like 2 days after it arrived at a shop. I do not want one yet, waiting for the final design revision before I go there.

I saw one, at G&L in Hend'ville a while back. If they could make ALL their triggers that good, they would be the hardest company to beat. I couldn't believe how excellent it was.

Don't know how they'll ever get a rimfire to work like that, though...

I saw one a few shows ago. Dealer wanted $569 for it so this may be a dodo from the word go if dealers are thinking they can charge that.

Something I really wish they would do is make it in 22lr. I would buy on in a heartbeat in 22 lr and for a few hundred less than what the dealer was asking. It is an extremely lightweight gun, I am talking silly light.

Dolomite

Well, mine's in my safe, lol. I think they got the bugs worked out. Mine runs just fine. Only type of ammo I've fed it is CCI maxi mags tho. Production is the big issue. Guns just aren't Keltec's priority, I believe big ontracts for something to do with aerospce is their bread and butter. They had this same issue when their RFB came out, and I bet it will be the same with the KSG later on. I hope those dealers that are gouging folks for the PMR don't do the same with the KSG. I got mine for a reasonable price I thnk. Way less than I see them for online.

The KSG is going to be one of the most gouged items in the industry for about 2 years after we start seeing them unless kel-tec buys a new plant just to make those. The PMR is a toy, a cool one but its been done before (equally troublesome, the 22 mag remains an elusive gun to make in an auto) and its has little practical value, an interesting/odd self defense option for a few folks and a plinker/range toy.

The ksg however.... there is an entire industry dedicated to making tatical shotguns, and AR/shotgun/pistol competitiors love to stash more rounds into a gun and currently have to manage ammo (slugs vs birdshot) manually. With a ammo type selector and more rounds, it will really go over well even though its a pump.

Vendors are going to buy them from keltec and triple the price for at least the first year of production on that gun, if it works well in the first generation. Keltec has had pretty good function from larger weapons, its their smaller/cheaper/lighter/more plastic small handgun lines that suffer a bit of quality control whenever a new design is released.