Guess who bought the PLR-16 used in the Hendersonville incident?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rebeldrummer
for those of us outside the Nashville metro, whats the "carry with cocain, had to sell" story. Im familiar with Leonard

Yea, what he said.....sounds to good to be left in the dark on!

for those of us outside the Nashville metro, whats the "carry with cocain, had to sell" story. Im familiar with Leonard

This from MikePapa1 in another thread: "I understand Mr. Embody called General Lamberth about this case and, basically, seeking legal advice. The General gave me a bit more information on Mr. Sales' case. Apparently, there were two weapons in the vehicle together with the four occupants. Tha Kel-Tec was in the center console and there was a Bulldog revolver in the backseat. Mr. Sales claimed both of these weapons as his. Interestingly, there was also cocaine in the vehicle. The passenger in the front passenger seat was a multiple violent convicted felon who was within reach of the Kel-Tec. He had an outstanding warrant and was also charged with being in possession of the Kel-Tec. He made bond and disappeared. All of the occupants of the car admitted to being members of the same gang and all had gang tattoos. Mr. Sales denied any knowledge of cocaine, which was claimed by one of the rear seat passengers. Mr. Sales claimed the weapons and the other passenger denied knowledge of them."

I don't know if the entire saga is in here, seems like there was a previous thread, but maybe you can get most of it herein:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handgun-carry-self-defense/55912-legal-carry-military-style-pistols.html

Quick synopsis, from memory, as related by attorney MikePapa1 from over there (it wasn't his case), three guys pulled over, PLR16 in car, some coke, at least one of the guys had a felony record, but not driver, who had HCP. Wound up charging him with short barreled rifle possession. One guy skipped bail, deal was made with the HCP fellow to sell his gun and charges dropped. He sold it to Rabbi (East Side Gun Shop), Kwick bought it. Guy who sold it could have bought it right back.

- OS

Wonder if kwik still has the previous Hello Kitty PLR-16? I'd probably be ashamed to take a Hello Kitty PLR-16 out in public, but for some demented reason might buy that off of him at the right price. One of a kind fer sure! :D

Maybe his new one will become a Sponge Bob Squarepants PLR-16?

hello-kitty-peace-400x509.jpg

He still has it. He has been posting all of this on one of my silencer forums. He posted pics of both and the pic above is his avatar over there.

He says that he bought this one to "save it" for the guy that had to sell it.

Is there something that I'm missing about this PLR incident? is there something that isn't mentioned? I would sure like to get the other side of the story.

OS linked a thread that discusses it. He also gave you the short version. After you read that; tell us what you don’t understand.

OS linked a thread that discusses it. He also gave you the short version. After you read that; tell us what you don’t understand.

To me, it appears that Gallatin Police department and this Prosecutor is way out of line by charging the defendant with illegal possession of a short barreled rifle. I wonder if there is something that isn't being reported.

The definition of Handgun in the TCA does not match the definition used by the ATF. You might check TCA § 39-17-1319 for Tennessee's definition of handgun. A short barreled rifle is defined in the TCA at §39-17-1301. Let me just say that I can see why the charges were brought even though I disagree with them. These "military style pistols" based upon assault weapon designs are short barreled, fire rifle caliber ammunition, and are designed to be fired with two hands. A normal pistol can be fired one-handed without significant difficulty, but these are virtually impossible to fire off handed and require a similar grip as an assault rifle.

Until the General Assembly updates the TCA these sorts of pistols as defined by the ATF are open to interpretation under the TCA.

Given the circumstances, the police weren't simply going to let what looked to them as a car load of criminals drive off with weapons. I understand that concern. What was a car load of gangbangers from Metro doing in Gallatin, with drugs and weapons in the passenger compartment of their vehicle? Having a HCP isn't an exemption from doing stupid things. While I disagree with the legal interpretation, I fully understood how they came to the conclusion they did.