KHAR PM9

Guest HunterDude

Guest HunterDude

Are these small enough to pocket carry and does anyone here do so. Also are they worth the price? Thanks in advance

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these small enough to pocket carry

That depends on the pocket. I can get away with back pocket carry in most jeans, and side pocket in cargo shorts or pants. It is a little to large for front pocket carry, at least for me. i prefer IWB, but will occasionally pocket carry, if the situation demands.

They have a neat little holster on the Kahr website that I use, and the DeSantis work well also.

Edited by quietguy
added comment

I pocket carry mine in DeSantis Holster. I did start wearing paints with larger pockets. Cargos, and Tru-Spec As far as value, it's a good gun I am no expert but I am glad I purchased it.

Guest Lester Weevils

Guys who are skinny and wear tight fitting jeans, perhaps a problem, dunno. I buy a suit about once every 20 years, so maybe suit pants pockets are too small. Haven't checked.

About any work pants/shorts or cargo pants/shorts have front pockets big enough to lose the PM9 in there and maybe you would want a "wide bottom style" pocket holster to keep the gun upright. At least for big guys. Maybe cargo pants for skinny guys have smaller pockets. I certainly wouldn't know. :)

I've tried to pocket carry an S&W 649 snubbie, and it prints too much because it is so fat. Always had to IWB or OWB carry the snubbie. Even if the profile of the PM9 would be about the same as some snubbies, they are much slimmer and less likely to print.

I pocket carry a P9 which has a much bigger profile than the PM9, but the P9 is just as thin as a PM9. Even the bigger P9 pocket carries fine in most of my pockets, but it is at the max limit of profile that could be pocket carried in my pockets. Even the P9 doesn't print much or at all in most baggy cargo pants or jeans. If I use the extended mag in the P9, it gets too wide and the grip wants to hang on the pocket during draw.

Maybe the extended mag in the PM9 would work fine? A PM9 with extended mag wouldn't have a grip any longer than a P9 with the standard mag.

Guest HunterDude

Thanks for the replies. I've been looking for something that I can pocket carry and was about to settle on a TCP or a LCP and I ran across a review of one of the PM9'S. I would really rather have a 9 instead of a 380 because I already have a bunch of brass and reloading dies for my 9mm. Looks to be just a little wider and about only 3/8 of an inch longer and about the same height as the LCP or the TCP. I've also considered the the LCR but after looking at them there just a little to wide for my taste. I do really like the reliability of the revolver but I think I would rather have the flatness of the semi auto. Again thanks for the replies and any more opinions are appreciated.

While in most ways this is correct, there are some significant differences in the two.

None that really matter IMO. I'd like to put some night sights on the CM9 when I get it. Who cares that it doesn't have polygonal rifling. Metal injection molding for the slide stop doesn't bother me.

Guest Bronker
I pocket carry my PM9 all the time. Front pocket, rear pocket... no problems.

This.

If you want the secret to pulling off front pocket carry, you owe it to yourself to check out Home Page

Trust me.

Guest rockytop

I front pocket carry a PM9 in an Andrews holster which has the outline of the gun formed to the inside of the holster with a flush or flat outside. Over time, the outside of the holster takes on the shape of your leg and deep conceals. It works great with khaki slacks and good with jeans. Best rig I have ever had for concealed carry.

Pocket carry is all about the pockets.

I have a pair of jeans from Duluth Trading that have deep pockets. There's a full size 1911 in my pocket here. I don't carry it this way, but even I was surprised that the pockets were deep enough to swallow a 1911.

2011-05-15%2021.45.38-1.jpg

None that really matter IMO. I'd like to put some night sights on the CM9 when I get it. Who cares that it doesn't have polygonal rifling. Metal injection molding for the slide stop doesn't bother me.
Like I stated, the differences shouldn't be a big deal, but they are differences.

I owned a CW9 before I settled on the PM9. The poly rifling does make a performance difference (about 80fps on the chrono), even with the shorter barrel. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

I don't have any hand's on experience with the CM9, but it looks like it uses the same sights as the CW9. If that is the case, you can purchase night sights from Kahr. On my PM9, I have Novak two-dot rears, and a tritium front. For me, this is the ideal setup.

Edited by quietguy
Guest 556or762

Dont forget about the fact that the C series Kahr pistols only have drift adjustable rear sights, the front is a post mount while the P series is drift adjustable front and rear so they are not interchangeable. I agree there are several key differences but they are negligible for a carry gun. I carry a P45 IWB and love it I have had 3 of them over the past several years the most recent is the blackened slide with factory installed night sights. I have shot a ferw thousand rounds thru my Kahr pistols with not one malfunction and no defects in finish or workmanship, I have been thinking about a PM9 or P380 for pocket carry for a while that might be my next purchase.

Pocket carry is all about the pockets.

I have a pair of jeans from Duluth Trading that have deep pockets. There's a full size 1911 in my pocket here. I don't carry it this way, but even I was surprised that the pockets were deep enough to swallow a 1911.

2011-05-15%2021.45.38-1.jpg

Thems the pockets i need!!

Thanks for the info!

leroy

Guest tnrider

I carry my PM9 both in pocket and IWB. In my jeans IWB, slacks, in the pocket. A comfortable shooting, more accurate than me piece. Just do not like to go smaller than a 9mm. It conceals well with both ways carrying.