the masters (idpa) lessons learned

well where do i start. hmm, the night before the match i am trying to get my mag well on and having trouble, so went back to my tryed and true ways got a bigger hammer. then the wife and i load up mags and put our things into our range bags. then i said i am putting the guns in the car. what i should have said is i am putting the gun BAGS in the car. we make the 3.5 hour drive. we start getting ready and she says okay where is my gun!? i said where did you put it? she says that said i was putting the guns in car. but all i really did was put both gun bags in the car. yep you guessed it she was very pissed. i said sorry and that could share my gun, well that did not over very well.

but she always packs her EMP locked and cocked with 2 extra mags. and she choose to use it so she shoots a major match with a bug gun. as most know a tight 1911 needs lube and at about the 200 round mark with her getting tired and the dry gun she started to have issues. it been about 2 months since it lubed to i am sure it was dry to start with

oh what fun when you know it is all my fault.

so being the great husband i am threw the match so i would win after leaving her gun in the safe. :)

also she asked why i was telling everyone what i did, and i told her if everyone knows about it i have better chance of waking up tomorrow. B)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shooting with yall yesterday Robert. Tell Wanda I thought she did great shooting the EMP in a very challenging match. Thanks for letting me test your gun too, that is sweet.

thanks, at least my gun knows what to do. and congrads! at least now i know the real reason NB Forrest did not go! he would have hated to lose to you! :D you made it all look so easy!

Guest SSgt82-02

That sounds like something I'd do. Did that hunting once but I forgot the ammo instead of the firearm. You just got to have a good laugh after you beat your head against the truck. The good thing is my wife doesn't hunt with me. :) Good for you Wanda for carrying on with the match.

I think Wanda shot great and also I bet Robert does the cooking and dishes for awhile. I always said all mistakes cost ya some more than others. It was a pleasure shooting with both of you. Maybe we'll see everyone at Manchester in a couple weeks.

I think Wanda shot great and also I bet Robert does the cooking and dishes for awhile. I always said all mistakes cost ya some more than others. It was a pleasure shooting with both of you. Maybe we'll see everyone at Manchester in a couple weeks.

I don't let Robert cook. It was fun in it's own way. Disher washer is safer. Now I will have him build me a new rifle with the pink Tapco Intrafuse 10/22 Rifle System I won off the prize table. If I see pink then I will know my gun is coming too. :)

Guest page90lx

Well Rob looks like you finally figured out a way to try and outshoot wanda.

Edited by page90lx