FL set to outlaw doctors asking if patients own firearms

I know of nowhere where it is crime to lie to a doctor.

You shouldn't have to because a good doctor should mind their own business in issues that don't concern them. Does any one know if any doctors ask if you drive wirelessly or tell you that gas shouldn't be used to start a fire? Those things can harm your health also...but firearms get focused on for some reason.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to remember that the whole question thing was a thinly veiled attempt by anti's to get rid of guns by making them a "health issue" and as such could be regulated through "health" mandates which have virtually no oversite. For the anti's this was a way around the 2nd amendment and would take congress and the courts out of 2a discussion.

The noise from it has pretty much died out, but I can imagine the anti's trying it again. This was part of the issue that was raised (among others) with going to universal health care.

Doctors don't have any business asking about my gun ownership. Only the :poop:Commie Appeal:poop: in Memphis has the right to reveal information about gun owners in TN.

This is another issue all together. I believe just because something is public record they should not be allowed to create a search able database that anyone in the world can use. Didn't someone try to take some action against them for creating an online database of this? Seems I read once on this site that they were going to be fined X amount per day but that never happened. Maybe that should be reopened if there is a legal bases to stop them from publishing a database of the public.

Just to play devil's advocate, how is a pediatrician asking about firearms in the home any different than asking if you have a swimming pool or how / where you store your cleaning products or if you've put dummy plugs in unused outlets? Yes, they do ask these questions, but my understanding is they do so more as a parental awareness issue than anything else.

Just to play devil's advocate, how is a pediatrician asking about firearms in the home any different than asking if you have a swimming pool or how / where you store your cleaning products or if you've put dummy plugs in unused outlets? Yes, they do ask these questions, but my understanding is they do so more as a parental awareness issue than anything else.

Refer to my above post and the link to the other thread.