Armed in patrol car.

Guest tngw1500se

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would cuff a stranded motorist to give them a ride? Why even bother then? Jesus.

Hence my "symbolic assailant" reference above. I always told my trainees, follow the policy and the law, but never forget to treat the people you come into contact with like you would expect a family member under the same circumstances to be treated, and sometimes the most important ticket or arrest is one that you never do. The police are supposed to protect and serve the communities they are a part of, not treat every person out there like a homicidal maniac. With the current state of police training, caution tends to override common sense.

Guest tngw1500se
plus 1

every been to Lake City?

Small place.

I am in agreement, some kind of prank.

Nice one! Insult Lake City then blow my post off as a "Prank". I wouldn't expect rational thought from anyone with that avatar anyway.

You should definitely call the Chief of police. To thank him and point out what a great job the officer did. Cops need love to!

Don't mention the carry thing though. In this scenario there is one person trained to assess threats and one person who needs a ride. Since you didn't shoot him I think his assessment was right on.

Yes and right on . DOnt mention or even bring up the carry thing . Just tell the Cheif or his supervisor what a bad day you were having being broken down and how nice it was for this officer to help you out . And make sure to tell the supervisor to let the officer know that he got a COMPLIMENT . Officers get so many complaints and we hear them all the time . They dont get to always hear the good compliments . Most Depts make sure all complaints are in writing , but most COMPLIMENTS are just verbal . If that officer gets a "good job" letter or a written compliment about how a citizen took the time to call in and say good things , it makes the officer feel a lot better about his job and the community .

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I would leave it alone too. Most cops get good at "reading" people after a while of being out on the streets. He probably "read" the OP when he first saw him & determined that he wasnt a threat. Cops do that all the time. Occasionally they get it wrong & get killed, but not very often. Most cops are good at quickly sizing up someone's character & intent. If I was the OP I would just take it as a compliment that the cop saw me this way & go on with things. I might write a compliment letter if I felt inclined.

This is my first post and i really enjoy this site. I can't believe you want to call that officers supervisor.

He did you a great service and you want to get him in trouble. What do you think will happen from this?

I'm pretty sure next time you break down no officer will pick you up or anybody that needs a quick ride.